Qatar..... what will they do with all those new stadiums ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Show me in that report where the above paragraph is written?? Especially the words “for the avoidance of doubt” and “it is inconcievable”

It was a summary, not a quote FGS. It is a fair summary, I made sure of that.

You were saying, in terms, that there wasn't a shred of evidence... In fact, let me quote what you said:

as for the stadiums in qatar costing lives, theres not a single shred of evidence showing what infrastructure the lives of immigrants died working on. It could have been hotels, shopping centres, road infrastructure, towns, villages, multiple sky scrapers etc etc……all we know is that 6500 have died since 2010.

I contend there's an abundance of evidence, and your contention above is absolute nonsense, and you have been called out on it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It was a summary, not a quote FGS. It is a fair summary, I made sure of that.

You were saying, in terms, that there wasn't a shred of evidence... In fact, let me quote what you said:

as for the stadiums in qatar costing lives, theres not a single shred of evidence showing what infrastructure the lives of immigrants died working on. It could have been hotels, shopping centres, road infrastructure, towns, villages, multiple sky scrapers etc etc……all we know is that 6500 have died since 2010.

I contend there's an abundance of evidence, and your contention above is absolute nonsense, and you have been called out on it.

One report is not an abundance of evidence, especially when the report stated, they are not catgorised by type of work or job site………its one report. Which related to my quote “not a shred of evidence” because there is none.

as for talking nonsense, pot, kettle, black

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
One report is not an abundance of evidence, especially when the report stated, they are not catgorised by type of work or job site………its one report. Which related to my quote “not a shred of evidence” because there is none.

as for talking nonsense, pot, kettle, black

Six and a half thousand bodies of migrant workers were shipped back to families. That is not in doubt*. That's the tragedy of this.

Your assertions are quite remarkable. Sometimes it's better just to withdraw with grace, not double down, especially given the subject matter.

ETA
*You may not have noted that this is data compiled directly from governmental records in the Expats' home countries.

Last edited:

jowwy

Six and a half thousand bodies of migrant workers were shipped back to families. That is not in doubt. That's the tragedy of this.

Your assertions are quite remarkable. Sometimes it's better just to withdraw with grace, not double down, especially given the subject matter.

And i, in my first post agreed on the number of deaths……what i dont agree with you on, is where they died and the report you quoted, agreed with me and stated it within the report. Your summary contained words to suite your own rhetoric and not the evidence provided.

Ever thought of taking up journalism.

Using words “for the avoidance of doubt” when there is actual doubt on where and how they died is absurd…..

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
And i, in my first post agreed on the number of deaths……what i dont agree with you on, is where they died and the report you quoted, agreed with me and stated it within the report. Your summary contained words to suite your own rhetoric and not the evidence provided.

Ever thought of taking up journalism.

Using words “for the avoidance of doubt” when there is actual doubt on where and how they died is absurd…..

Not a shred of evidence, not a shred. That's what you said.

I said, in terms, and correctly paraphrasing the report, that whilst the individual area of death was not categorised, it is an inevitability that a very large number of those bodies sent back home to India, Nepal et al were killed on construction projects related to the World Cup.

A debating style which involves covering the eyes and reciting lalalalala as loudly as possible isn't really much of a debate.

Last edited:

jowwy

Not a shred of evidence, not a shred. That's what you said.

I said, in terms, and correctly paraphrasing the report, that whilst the individual are of death was not categorised, it is an inevitability that a very large number of those bodies sent back home to India, Nepal et al were killed on construction projects related to the World Cup.

A debating style which involves covering the eyes and reciting lalalalala as loudly as possible isn't really much of a debate.

Again, changing the report to suit your own rhetoric…….at least i quoted the report directly and didnt change it to suit my so called debating style.

jowwy

Mod note:

Please stick to the exact subject referred to in the thread title and the opening post and keep your posts politics free.

If you can't/don't we will close the thread.

Many thanks.

My aplogies to refering to the NHS but it wasnt to make a political point, but a moral one based on the argument put forward by others about the backs of low paid, immigrant workers.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Qatar report - it states since world cup awarded, but not on what infrastructure they were working on….how many died building the road network for the Tour of Qatar????

Spurs Stadium - that backs up my claim….as the stadium was started in 2015, pre-brexit. How many low paid immigrant workers were employed during its construction????

and i wonder how much of the 2012 london olympics infrastructure was built on the backs of low paid, immigrant workers???

London 2012, unlikely anyone had to put up with Qatar rules and paid very low wages, and deaths would be absolutely minimal.

Qatar is something else.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Again, changing the report to suit your own rhetoric…….at least i quoted the report directly and didnt change it to suit my so called debating style.

Compare and contrast styles.

Ano 'Yes but it doesn’t say where exactly all 6500 died, so there's not a shred of evidence '

Ano '6500 died. The vast majority of the construction work in Qatar over this period is directly related to the World Cup. It is therefore inevitable that a very significant number died on projects to do with the World Cup'

The criterion for a Jury to come to a verdict of guilty is that they must be sure (in former terms, beyond reasonable doubt). I think all reasonable observers faced with the facts in the article would conclude that substantial numbers died on World Cup projects.

You don't, because 'not a shred of evidence'.
I find that astonishing.

jowwy

London 2012, unlikely anyone had to put up with Qatar rules and paid very low wages, and deaths would be absolutely minimal.

Qatar is something else.

im not answering in case i stray into politics…..because i cant answer, without that happening.

jowwy

Compare and contrast styles.

Ano 'Yes but it doesn’t say where exactly all 6500 died, so there's not a shred of evidence '

Ano '6500 died. The vast majority of the construction work in Qatar over this period is directly related to the World Cup. It is therefore inevitable that a very significant number died on projects to do with the World Cup'

The criterion for a Jury to come to a verdict of guilty is that they must be sure (in former terms, beyond reasonable doubt). I think all reasonable observers faced with the facts in the article would conclude that substantial numbers died on World Cup projects.

You don't, because 'not a shred of evidence'.
I find that astonishing.

Ah, but the original argument put forward to me, was stadium projects….not world cup infrastructure as a whole. So you did change the argument based on your own rhetoric. Hence my commente about the costs of the spurs and chelsea stadia…….but you decided to change that argument by adding in other infrastructure projects, to try and drown out my voice. Which is nothing new in this place.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Ah, but the original argument put forward to me, was stadium projects….not world cup infrastructure as a whole. So you did change the argument based on your own rhetoric. Hence my commente about the costs of the spurs and chelsea stadia…….but you decided to change that argument by adding in other infrastructure projects, to try and drown out my voice. Which is nothing new in this place
Look, squirrel :smile:

Eta
Some of your posts are errant nonsense, such as these. When this is pointed out, you seem to take it personally. Nobody is drowning you out, you are drowning all on your own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom