Qatar..... what will they do with all those new stadiums ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I got this :-

StadiumCost (USD)*
Al Bayt Stadium$847m
Lusail Stadium$767m
Ahmed Bin Ali Stadium$360m
Al Janoub Stadium$572m
Education City Stadium$700m
Stadium 974Unknown
Khalifa International Stadium$78-315m
Al Thumama Stadium$342m

from https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soc...-size-capacity-pitch/oyhamtoorwhiltdmfdq5ej2u

Whether it's accurate I can't comment. But it's a staggering amount it would seem.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
They are being taken down and given to other countries around the world i believe…..

jowwy

I got this :-

StadiumCost (USD)*
Al Bayt Stadium$847m
Lusail Stadium$767m
Ahmed Bin Ali Stadium$360m
Al Janoub Stadium$572m
Education City Stadium$700m
Stadium 974Unknown
Khalifa International Stadium$78-315m
Al Thumama Stadium$342m

from https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soc...-size-capacity-pitch/oyhamtoorwhiltdmfdq5ej2u

Whether it's accurate I can't comment. But it's a staggering amount it would seem.

Chelseas new satdium was priced at 1 billion pound and i dont think spurs ground cost that much less…..so all relative i suppose

jowwy

Except the other two did not come off the back of cheep labour or cost workers lives.

Prove it….do you know exactly how many lives were lost and how much labourers were paid to build spurs stadium…..as for the chelsea one, its not even been built.

as for the stadiums in qatar costing lives, theres not a single shred of evidence showing what infrastructure the lives of immigrants died working on. It could have been hotels, shopping centres, road infrastructure, towns, villages, multiple sky scrapers etc etc……all we know is that 6500 have died since 2010.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Prove it….do you know exactly how many lives were lost and how much labourers were paid to build spurs stadium…..as for the chelsea one, its not even been built.

as for the stadiums in qatar costing lives, theres not a single shred of evidence showing what infrastructure the lives of immigrants died working on. It could have been hotels, shopping centres, road infrastructure, towns, villages, multiple sky scrapers etc etc……all we know is that 6500 have died since 2010.

A couple of gifts for you

Qatar:
https://www.theguardian.com/global-...grant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

Spurs:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-stadium-mp-investigation-working-conditions/

jowwy

Qatar report - it states since world cup awarded, but not on what infrastructure they were working on….how many died building the road network for the Tour of Qatar????

Spurs Stadium - that backs up my claim….as the stadium was started in 2015, pre-brexit. How many low paid immigrant workers were employed during its construction????

and i wonder how much of the 2012 london olympics infrastructure was built on the backs of low paid, immigrant workers???

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Qatar report - it states since world cup awarded, but not on what infrastructure they were working on….how many died building the road network for the Tour of Qatar????

Spurs Stadium - that backs up my claim

Also says, for the avoidance of doubt, that in Qatar, despite the non-categorisation of exactly what they were working on when they died, it is inconceivable that a very large number were not working on stadia, infrastructure etc that were directly connected to the World Cup - because the vast majority of workers were there because of the World Cup.

For Spurs, actually it backs up none of your claims - but superficially it looks like it might, so that's what you claim.

In fact it mentions the HIGH wages being paid in order to keep on schedule. Also mentions that there were concerns about the organisation of the site & associated concerns - raised up to and including in Parliament, and in the construction press, and many other places at the time. I can find no record of deaths in the build - and I have looked, unlike you.

No, it shouldn't have been structured like that in the first place, but it's abundantly clear that the whistle was blown, and things were fixed in 2018.

If only the poor sods working in Qatar had had such exposure of their working conditions.

Last edited:

jowwy

Also says, for the avoidance of doubt, that in Qatar, despite the non-categorisation of exactly what they were working on when they died, it is inconceivable that a very large number were not working on stadia, infrastructure etc that were directly connected to the World Cup - because the vast majority of workers were there because of the World Cup.

For Spurs, actually it backs up none of your claims - but superficially it looks like it might, so that's what you claim.

In fact it mentions the HIGH wages being paid in order to keep on schedule. Also mentions that there were concerns about the organisation of the site & associated concerns - raised up to and including in Parliament, and in the construction press, and many other places at the time. I can find no record of deaths in the build - and I have looked, unlike you.

No, it shouldn't have been structured like that in the first place, but it's abundantly clear that the whistle was blown, and things were fixed in 2018.

If only the poor sods working in Qatar had had such exposure of their working conditions.

Think you need to read this, from that exact same report…..only had a quick scan, but coukdnt find anything relating to the word inconceivable. But it does state world cup projects and not Stadiums per sey….in fact on 37 deaths are linked directly to world cup stadia builds

406A8E25-1FE3-40D9-9711-9F058332E203.png

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Its not remotely anything like you said…….

I think I'd probably ask the audience on that as I simply cannot understand how you could say that, I'm afraid.

I said this:

Readers can cast their eyes up the page and read the Guardian excerpt.

jowwy

I think I'd probably ask the audience on that as I simply cannot understand how you could say that, I'm afraid.

I said this:

Readers can cast their eyes up the page and read the Guardian excerpt.

Show me in that report where the above paragraph is written?? Especially the words “for the avoidance of doubt” and “it is inconcievable”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom