Cycling Badger
Active Member
I have a set of tyres with folding beads.
Easy enough to get on and off without leavers.
Puncture last week, replaced tube (snakebite)* and tried to reseat tyre.
The tyre seemed too big for the rim diameter and I had to mount it a couple of times to get it centred and bead engaged.
I've used these tyres multiple times before, and I swap tyres in and out depending on ride.
The tread has mileage left, and I didn't notice any obvious sidewall damage.
I'm off to give the bead a better inspection.
My question is has anyone experienced a tyre with folding bead stretch so that they become to loose relative to wheel diameter.
*Snakebite : Turns out that even if the on-line calculator states 55 PSI, you still need to check minimum pressure on sidewall of tyre! In this case it was 60 PSI. Updated my tyre pressure notes to inflate to 65 PSI to give a margin for error. (Beside being bloody obvious, I very much suspect this advise is given on the on-line app, but I just didn't read it.)
Easy enough to get on and off without leavers.
Puncture last week, replaced tube (snakebite)* and tried to reseat tyre.
The tyre seemed too big for the rim diameter and I had to mount it a couple of times to get it centred and bead engaged.
I've used these tyres multiple times before, and I swap tyres in and out depending on ride.
The tread has mileage left, and I didn't notice any obvious sidewall damage.
I'm off to give the bead a better inspection.
My question is has anyone experienced a tyre with folding bead stretch so that they become to loose relative to wheel diameter.
*Snakebite : Turns out that even if the on-line calculator states 55 PSI, you still need to check minimum pressure on sidewall of tyre! In this case it was 60 PSI. Updated my tyre pressure notes to inflate to 65 PSI to give a margin for error. (Beside being bloody obvious, I very much suspect this advise is given on the on-line app, but I just didn't read it.)