Question about Continental Town And Country Semi Slick MTB Tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeO

I've just fitted a pair of these to my bike, they seem to be a great tyre, but one thing is puzzling me....
Most tyres have to be fitted for the direction of travel of the wheel, and show a sort of arrow pattern on the tread or an arrow on the side of the tyrewall.
These are semi-slicks though, and of course have no such pattern, i've looked on the sides of the tyre, but no indication of which they they should be fitted. Am I right in thinking that with these particular tyres, that it dosn't matter
Great forum btw, and thanks in advance for any help :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
It doesn't matter, don't worry about it... :wacko:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I think the arrow is to ensure that the name of the tyre is visible from the right of the bike more than for any practical reason.

e-rider

crappy member
Most tyres have a directional arrow, and it's a good idea to follow it. However, if the tread pattern is symetrical or non-existant then it doesn't matter which way round you put them.

OP
OP
MikeO

MikeO

Thanks for the advice guys, I didn't think it made a lot of difference especially as they are semi-slicks, and the tread looked the same no matter which way round the tyre was turned.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I have Continental City Contact, they are semi-slick tyres with a tread on the edges. I put the rear on "the wrong way round" but it hasn't made any difference. The rotational direction is only important on heavy treaded knobblies as they "dig" into the ground like gravel, mud etc.

Top Bottom