Question for the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i know, it's so annoying when i try and dress myself in her clothes when she's out....

domtyler

Über Member
I think it's to make it easier for blokes to take women's clothes off, especially when drunk. :becool:

Isn't it to do with their social, multi-tasking left sided brain which enables them to do many things at once - badly and topsy-turvy!

red_tom

Isn't it because historically men have dressed themselves whilst (some) women had maids to help them dress? In each case it's the right hand doing the fiddly bit.

ChrisKH

Guru
domtyler said:
I think it's to make it easier for blokes to take women's clothes off, especially when drunk. :becool:

If that was the case they would be made with poppers or velcro.

Always wanted to rip the clothes off a woman.:smile:

domtyler

Über Member
simonali said:
I thought it was coz their brains was wired up the opposite way to mens ones?

They're wired up? You sure? :becool:

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
They're wired up? You sure? ;)

:angry:

Mind you, some women...

The dressing yourself versus having a maid to do it sounds right to me... Either that, or it'll something arcane about which hand you carry a sword in...

girofan

Arch said:
;)

Mind you, some women...

The dressing yourself versus having a maid to do it sounds right to me... Either that, or it'll something arcane about which hand you carry a sword in...

Women don't need a sword, they have a double-edged tongue!!!:angry:

NickM

Veteran
Arch said:
The dressing yourself versus having a maid to do it sounds right to me...
I dunno... the opening scene of Dangerous Liaisons suggests that rich men had dressers too. And before anybody jumps on me, yes I know it's only a film... but I bet the people who made it knew more about 18th century French dressing practice than any of us.

Arch

Married to Night Train
NickM said:
I dunno... the opening scene of Dangerous Liaisons suggests that rich men had dressers too. And before anybody jumps on me, yes I know it's only a film... but I bet the people who made it knew more about 18th century French dressing practice than any of us.

Yes, and men have had valets for centuries too, so maybe not...

Right, a quick google bring up this boring fascinating document:

http://www.goines.net/Writing/button_button.html

Buried in here is the notion that it's to do with the fact that men's clothes always buttoned up the front, whereas, in the early days of button adoption, women's clothes often buttoned up the back. If both buttoned the same way relative to an observer from the front, so to speak, then when women started to wear buttons up the front (IE, imagine the garment twisted round 180degrees) the buttoning would go the other way...

Not heard of it before, or thought of it, but it might be the case.

Top Bottom