Question for the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
when i was in helly hansen they had a nice black jacket that i was very taken with. unfortunately they only had it in large, which was enormous. they told me they had the women's version in medium, at which point i said that the cut etc would be inappropriate. turns out that the only difference was that the zip etc were on the other side. and as it was £50 less than the other one (?), i didn't think twice.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Arch is right about sword carrying! Most people are right handed and the sword was carried on the left side. You had to place your right arm across the body to unsheathe the sword and if the coat was buttoned on the 'ladies' side then there would be a chance of getting the hilt caught in the opening.

There is also an historical reason for buttons on jacket sleeves. They were first put there in the 1600s to stop soldiers from wiping their noses on their sleeves.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've often wondered why bras mostly do up at the back. Such a fag when you've had a fumble round under the top and then you've got to ponce around reaching behind to unhook the thing. Spoils the spontenaity and gives her a chance to change her mind.

Top Bottom