Questions on Garmin Connect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Today I tried for first time to plot a course in Garmin Connect and I found that I kept being logged out after a very short time. I tried to search for a solution but no luck. I used a different browser and still the same problem. Finally I managed to do it by plotting a very short route and saving it. The rest I did by editing the route and saving it from time to time. Is that how people do it? If so then I think there is a problem with that, at least for me :rolleyes:

Ever since I bought my Garmin I have never been able to load all my new activities or selected activities automatically. Only manually. It has never been a big problem but I think it should work and before my device runs out of guaranty I should try to sort it out. Anybody else with the same problem?

Cheers

there is another thread somewhere on this.... Since Garmin have upgraded the site, this is a rather common problem. I can't do new courses either, if they are long... shame...

If you are on strava I think you can do the route there and send to the garmin, and any of the sites like bikehike.co.uk will also send it to the garmin as well...

I think we are all hoping that this problem is resolved soon! I much prefer to use the garmin connect to plot routes (even if it insists on me taking roundabouts the wrong way around) because it will send the courses to the old Garmin edge 705 we have where as other sites for some reason won't!

With the Edge 800 (I assume its the same for the 810 and 1000, I'm not sure about the 500 and it doesn't work for my 200) they've added the 'Garmin Express' programme which autosyncs the data, although sometimes you have to manually autosync :wacko:
that little program works fine with our 200 and 500 (as well as the 705)...(if you exclude the fact that it is always trying to do a timezone update every single time!) but this is the website with create a course and then using the "send the course to device" button...
at least that was how I read it...

that little program works fine with our 200 and 500 (as well as the 705)...(if you exclude the fact that it is always trying to do a timezone update every single time!) but this is the website with create a course and then using the "send the course to device" button...
at least that was how I read it...
Mine down loads the updates for both my 800 and 200 but only upload to GC the 800 data :wacko:

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Thank you for the Garmin express tip. I installed it and works fine with my 800.

hard to believe that a company the size of Garmin has a website with issues like not been able to create a new course :whistle:

Snapper88

Search for garmin connect on CC (not sure how to link the thread)
I had the same problem with Garmin Connect & was recommended RWGPS

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
RWGPS is your friend.

no issues in plotting a course, i put the instructions on the other thread.

I know about RWGPS and I don't like that one.

lazyfatgit

with the new connect webpage using express I found that it was impossible to send a route to the 510 with spaces in the name. otherwise it seems to work, at least for routes up to 120km.

\with the old web interface using the communicator plug in it would send ok, but the time was always rubbish.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
With the Edge 800 (I assume its the same for the 810 and 1000, I'm not sure about the 500 and it doesn't work for my 200) they've added the 'Garmin Express' programme which autosyncs the data, although sometimes you have to manually autosync :wacko:

How do you manually autosync?

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
@citybabe it was meant as an oxymoron, hence the smiley. Sometimes when I connect the Edge, it automatically syncs to GC without me having to do anymore. Other times though once I've connected the Edge I have to manually click on the sync button in Garmin Express :-/

Ok. Sorry!
It's just that I'm unable to map a route out on garmin too and I don't know how to sort it

Pjays666

Über Member
I have just got a garmin edge touring and when I went onto the garmin site I try to download the garmin communicator plugin as it says I need to, I have tried to download it half a dozen times but for some reason it says downloading and nothing else despite leaving it downloading (supposedly) for hours

Top Bottom