Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Room service. :smile:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There is no official definition of a mountain. 600m is one of the more accepted heights, and is what is used by the government for the freedom of access laws.

Which government? There are different laws in Scotland, England and Wales regarding "the right to roam". Can you provide a link to legislation that supports what you say?

It was my granddaughter, 16, who informed me of this when she was talking about walking up Pen y Fan this summer proclaiming that it's a mountain.
I, 71½, disagreed as it's only 2907' meaning that Snowdon/Yr Wyddfa was the only actual mountain south of Hadrians Wall.
Just wondering at what point this changed.

Gwylan

Veteran
The Post Office scandal. I know it's all numbers in space and a graphic representation to give mere humans a manageable representation of the situation
People got done for taking money.
Are there any examples where money was added to accounts?
Has anyone determined if any money has actually disappeared, been siphoned off?

Always dangerous waking up early

Gillstay

Über Member
The Post Office scandal. I know it's all numbers in space and a graphic representation to give mere humans a manageable representation of the situation
People got done for taking money.
Are there any examples where money was added to accounts?
Has anyone determined if any money has actually disappeared, been siphoned off?

Always dangerous waking up early

Yes, people got done for taking money, but they hadn't taken it and the post office took their money off them despite knowing this.

Chislenko

Veteran
Just who is Wampay Lopez?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One for the Yorkshire contingent...

On the Northern Rail service between Leeds and York via Harrogate, why is it that at these stations the destination on the info boards and announcements is always given as the penultimate stations (Poppleton or Burley Park)? At all the intermediate stops the destination is correctly shown as Leeds or York, so why not at the two mainline stations?

Top Bottom