Quickest way to get faster?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

mickle said:
Wrong. If you want to go faster, pedal faster shurley? Pedalling harder is a good way to destroy a perfectly good set of knees.

Even wronger.

To go faster, agreed, you must pedal faster. But how do you increase your cadence? By an initial increase in push on the pedal until you are pedaling at the new cadence.

Gears old chap, gears.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ride and push yourself....use a cadence of between 80 and 100 rpm. Commute if you can by bike. Also try climbing hills - depends upon where you live..but we have some nice ones round here - you have to get fit or you suffer loads...

jimboalee

fossyant said:
Ride and push yourself....use a cadence of between 80 and 100 rpm. Commute if you can by bike. Also try climbing hills - depends upon where you live..but we have some nice ones round here - you have to get fit or you suffer loads...

Four words. Simple, isn't it.

Alex

Eat MY Dust said:
People may disagree with this, but since I've taken up running seriously I've noticed a big improvement in my cycling.

Thats very interesting. I am considering taking up running to compliment my cycling cos im terrible at at it! :wahhey:

montage

God Almighty
The good thing about running is that it is much harder to take it easy. I for one can never ever walk when I go out for a run.....oh the shame of it!.....but with cycling, if shattered you can allways.....just go slower and still look dignified to the average joe.

Running is brilliant for TTing I find.....same sort of effort.

Top Bottom