England : London Quiet London Routes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
I'm after recommendations for quiet, largely traffic free, routes heading out of North London that would be suitable for introducing my girlfriend to weekend riding. All of the fun of being on two wheels, minus the fumes and traffic. A nice route out towards Chingford and Epping Forest would be great if someone has such a thing, twenty to thirty miles or so.

Many thanks,
Andy

Lea river valley?

toffee

Guru
Cycled up and down the Lee valley from Tottenham marshes to Stratford last week. Although that was only 5 miles each way it was very nice. I would have thought it would be quite pleasant going further north. Only thing would be it could be quite busy.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Whereabouts in North London? Regent's Canal towpath is motor traffic free but not exactly quiet at weekends. I think there's cycle tracks alongside much of the north circular but it's over a decade since I used any of it so I've no idea what state it's in now.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A tube or a train to Amersham (£4.10 each way) then via Hyde Heath to The Lee. Next to no traffic, and within easy reach of hills for the next stage.

Reactions: iLB
U

User10571

Look on www.cyclestreets.net they give three choices of route, Quiet, Balanced, Fast
Based on a sample of one (1) my commute - its not quite as good a deal as that.
What they actually offer is one route, the same route ridden at 3 different speeds.
I'm not going to pick apart their suggested route other than to say it is *interesting* and would not have been my first (or any) choice.

Top Bottom