Quintana at the Tour of Austria *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
No, not that one. Dayer Quintana, Nairo's younger brother has just taken the Queen Stage (Day 3) of the Tour of Austria with a massive performance breaking away from a breakaway on the Kitzbüheler Horn. Is he going to be even better than his brother? Maybe...

Meanwhile, more good news for those watching the new generation of exciting young riders - also on the podium and retaining the overall race lead be took with a breakaway win on Day 1 was Peter Kennaugh. I think Sky are going to regret not having him in the TdF team if/when Froome drops out - as seems increasingly inevitable given the number of crashes he's having...)

Last edited:

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
Can't agree more about Kennaugh.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And Kennaugh extends his lead to over a minute after the 6th stage, with another third place in the mountains, won by Tinkoff's Petrov. There's only the time-trial to go and it's looking like a very well-judged race by Kennaugh.

beastie

Guru
And Kennaugh extends his lead to over a minute after the 6th stage, with another third place in the mountains, won by Tinkoff's Petrov. There's only the time-trial to go and it's looking like a very well-judged race by Kennaugh.
He's a super little rider. Will he get a crack at La Vuelta GC?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He's a super little rider. Will he get a crack at La Vuelta GC?
I don't think he's ready for that. Froome may be back for that too

beastie

Guru
I don't think he's ready for that. Froome may be back for that too
I wasn't thinking he would be up in the top places, but more that he would be left to ride for himself. If Froome has a fractured scaphoid and more then he will be doing well to be back on his bike in 6 weeks.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I wasn't thinking he would be up in the top places, but more that he would be left to ride for himself. If Froome has a fractured scaphoid and more then he will be doing well to be back on his bike in 6 weeks.
He's a talent for sure.
The Sky doctor said, "Thankfully, his injuries won't be keeping him off the bike for too long and we expect him to return to training in the next few weeks."
I'm not sure if that will give him time to get/stay fit though. He could turbo with no hands I suppose!

Top Bottom