Quit the Fags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just over 3 months now, i was advised by my heart doctor not to use electronic ones, he say's they have not been tested enough.
cold turkey is the way to go but you really have to want to give up. mind you it took a heart attack to make me stop.:whistle:

Bengarbage

rob good luck mate, i shall try doctor free 1st however, please let the community know how you get on. besy wishes

Bengarbage

Just over 3 months now, i was advised by my heart doctor not to use electronic ones, he say's they have not been tested enough.
cold turkey is the way to go but you really have to want to give up. mind you it took a heart attack to make me stop.:whistle:
thanks for posting, yes, i believe it will take a lot of us a severe shock to realise what we are doing. so glad you caught it in time.

mrbadexample

im hoping to quit new year, well done on your achievement so far, any web link to the e cig you used? i've tried a few to no success

:stop: Why wait until the New Year? What's stopping you from doing it tomorrow?

Whatever reason you're thinking of posting, it ain't good enough. I only know this through bitter experience. ;)

compo

Veteran
I thought I would never be a quiter but had to go for it in the end, I used Champix tablets that seem to work well as my wife couldn't put up with me trying to go cold turkey again, I'm on week 6 now and off the tablets, heres hopeing ;-)

Why are you off the tablets?
The course should be 12 weeks. A number of studies have shown that people who come off early have a reduced success rate.
Good luck, here's wishing you success.

Well done to anyone giving up.

I gave up New Year 2008. Xmas 2007 I visited my mum who absolutely loved bustling about doing the Xmas dinner. I did the dinner whilst she sat hooked to an oxygen tank and I could see how she hated it - and at that point I decided to not put myself in that same position.

I gave up that new year, a week later she was so happy as I told her I'd stopped, when I visited her in what was in effect the emphysema ward 2 weeks later in the same ward at 3am I held her hand as she passed away, due to smoking.

You don't want that, for yourself or for your kids. And if isn't easy at first but just less than 5 years ago I can't even imagine smoking now - though beforehand I couldn't imagine NOT smoking. It CAN be done.

andsaw

There's alot of hype about E-cigs and its all bull they are not safe, there are a few dodgy ones but the reputable ones are quite safe, the nicotine used is pharmaceutical grade, the Americans started the there not safe and it all boils down to governments and health authority's get fed bull stuff because the company's that make the nicorette gum and the others that you buy for 20 quid plus a pack for have vested interests in selling their products, even the free stuff from the doctors is rank and not very good and is not free really you are paying for it in the health budget from our taxes, what do you think is in nicorettes and the like? it is just delivered differently, there is alot info on the internet about it, its all down to costs in the end.

OP
OP
G

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
not even my thread lol, however really appreciate all support and now over to the OP :smile:
Feel freee to carry on,any help you get is worth it.
Day 5 for me.Thought I would be climbing the walls by now,but not so.The money saved,after paying for the course,will pay for my winter bibs etc^_^
I cant speak highly enough of the clinic,no substitutes,just not smoking.Probably the best couple of hundred quid I ever spent.

Top Bottom