R.E.W Reynolds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just picked picked up another R.E.W. Reynolds from its home town along the A45 .

Doesnt look to bad in all fairness its got gearing that will get you up mount everest and apart from that and the forks it looks mainly original spec .

Looks like it needs a clean and then some new tyres,cables ,brake pads and bar tape .

More pics 2moro

WP_20160810_20_10_09_Smart.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Up early this morning to give the ladies Bromwich a couple of more miles , once that was done time to give this a quick check over and adjust the brakes , move the water bottle carrier , lift the saddle and put some air in the tyres and then a little pootle around the block to see whats what .

And ok it rides well all things considered some new 27" tyre ordered last night along with some metal top tube cable guides the rest of the stuff i need is in stock .

Cant make my mind up on the forks , looks like they are chromed just hidden behind muck so will see if they come clean

WP_20160811_06_26_36_Smart.jpg
WP_20160811_06_25_42_Smart.jpg
WP_20160811_06_26_08_Smart.jpg
WP_20160811_06_26_50_Smart.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I used the R.E.W. yesterday for commuting duties which it did with ease , whilst i was up early this morning doing other bike related jobs i gave the forks and fr wheel rim and hub a clean and both have come up a lot better , another day of commuting ahead waiting for new tyres to arrive before any longer journeys .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks very nice, the mod chairing and derailleur make it a very useful tourer I'm sure, and they don't look too bad either!

It's on loan to a mate for 10 days to see what he thinks.

It would make a good touring machine for sure with a huge range of gearing.

This one must be my 5th one I have had and they all ride really nice , no idea of tubing but either way very nice to ride.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's on loan to a mate for 10 days to see what he thinks.

It would make a good touring machine for sure with a huge range of gearing.

This one must be my 5th one I have had and they all ride really nice , no idea of tubing but either way very nice to ride.

got this back from my mate earlier in the week and used it for a nice 18 mile ride this morning , it felt really strange only using 3 gears all the way round the ride including a couple of short climbs , i dread to thing what kind of % gradient you would need to be the lowest gear

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had a nice 37 mile ride on this bike this morning and i actually think its the longest ride i have ever done an on R.E.W Reynolds they ride so well which makes ir even more surprising

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
During the last 48 hrs an employee from Woodrup has come forward via Facebook and has told me they built frames on a regular basis for R.E.W Reynolds hence the 4 digit frame numbers that follow the Woodrup sequence ,

So i obtained the frame number for this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/racing-bi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 and its been confirmed as built for Reynolds/Conn in 1974 or 75, one of a batch of 5 for Conn .

This info has answered a few of the many questions i had about R.E.W's

Top Bottom