R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I'm guessing you understood the point Accy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm guessing you understood the point Accy.
Yes i did. I just had to have a little rant about how sh!t things are out there these days! Respect to the bloke! When i hear his name i always think of the pub i drank in and worked in in the early 1980's and 'Jump'. There was a customer who put that record on the jukebox about 10 times a night,along with 'In A Broken Dream' by 'Python Lee Jackson'. I heard he died after a long battle against throat cancer. As a fellow sufferer of that illness i have total respect for him and those who've fought it and those who've sadly succumbed to it!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23692

It was short lived and a very long time ago. Like back in the 1996. And for one concert on MTV Music Awards. There was no more touring with Roth once he was out of the band in 1986.
Not true. Roth rejoined in 2007. Along with Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang (Eddie's son) they released the album "A Different kind of Truth in 2012 and backed that up with an extensive world tour. They toured again in 2015.

They performed a live set on Jimmy Kimmel in 2015 too

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeFLm1cNl7Q&ab

Anyhoo, RIP to a true genius who changed modern guitar playing forever. I remember listening to VH1 back in 1978 and there was simply nothing else like it

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Obviously quite a few Van Halen fans on here evidenced by the number of threads.
But this was the first, the original.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Showing my ignorance.
I always assumed Halen was the singer with blond hair.
Turns out that is Roth and Halen 'purely' the guitarist.
That Roth is talented isn't he. Super fit, martial arts AND a qualified 911 medic.

Top Bottom