R.I.P. Martin Landau

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
RIP Commander Koenig:sad:.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
RIP Commander Koenig:sad:.

There were quite a few collectable figurines - Palitoy did the best

vintage-mego-palitoy-space-1999_1_15d7ff364af8fb6c9093714da21edd18.jpg

which was a bit better than the Mattel one

34816531694_d889ed43c5_b.jpg

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'm surprised his Space 1999 role isn't being highlighted in the obits more - for me that was his most memorable role.

And playing Salieri of course

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyone remember the toy Eagle spacecraft? They had a detachable payload underneath, 4 x yellow barrels with the radioactive symbol in them.

I remember the national news when some bloke stumbled across a set. The police were out, EOD, HazMat, all sorts, before they finally twigged it was a toy. The radioactive symbol was removed from models made after than.

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone remember the toy Eagle spacecraft? They had a detachable payload underneath, 4 x yellow barrels with the radioactive symbol in them.

I remember the national news when some bloke stumbled across a set. The police were out, EOD, HazMat, all sorts, before they finally twigged it was a toy. The radioactive symbol was removed from models made after than.
Two, Eagle Shuttle & Eagle Transporter.

johnnyb47

Guru
I've still got my Eagle's showing pride and place in the glass cabinet. Rip Martin.
A sad loss

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I should add that I bought the box set of Space 1999 yesterday while in the smoke (went to the V&A Floyd exhibit). And being away from the news for two days, I did wonder if anyone famous might have died....:sad:

The old Mission Impossible TV series has wobbly special effects compared to the Tom Cruise franchise but was psychologically far more sophisticated. You can see Martin Landau use NLP style language and sudden shifts in mood to manipulate his mark.

The old Mission Impossible TV series has wobbly special effects compared to the Tom Cruise franchise but was psychologically far more sophisticated. You can see Martin Landau use NLP style language and sudden shifts in mood to manipulate his mark.

One does wonder whether the special effects were "forgiven" because of the quality of the acting

Top Bottom