R&K Klickfix handlebar fitting on a Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hmm.... that offset extender thing (or something like it) might solve a problem on Francesca.... to the batcave! (I have a lathe)

Kell

Veteran
With the front bag mounted, you cannot drop the handlebars to fully fold the bike. The only time I leave the front bag on, is when pulling the bike around like a trolley by its (still extended) handlebar.
Try it. You'll see.
The bar bag, mounted inversely as in my photo, will simply sit to the very outside of the "package" when the bike is fully folded.
Photos on my blog HERE may help.

Not sure if I came across correctly. What I meant was doesn't the bar bag knock into the front mounted bag when you're turning corners?

That said, when I clicked on the link you provided, there looks to be much more clearance between the two, so it may just have been the angle of the picture you posted in this thread.

Kell

Veteran
I sometimes bump my knees on the barbag but, sorry, I cannot even visualise the conflict you are describing. :wacko:

It just looked like if you turned the bars a long way to the right or left on a slow speed corner, the bottom of your bar bag would/could catch on the top of the bag mounted on the block.

In the same way that the brake levers on a S-type Brommie would catch on the top of a C-bag mounted on the block - as the bag is too tall.

But clearly it isn't a problem and must just be a trick of the photo.

It just looked like if you turned the bars a long way to the right or left on a slow speed corner, the bottom of your bar bag would/could catch on the top of the bag mounted on the block.

In the same way that the brake levers on a S-type Brommie would catch on the top of a C-bag mounted on the block - as the bag is too tall.

But clearly it isn't a problem and must just be a trick of the photo.
yes, it must be the angle in the photo. The bottom of the bar bag sits well above the top of my Carradice Stockport front bag.

Top Bottom