Rabbits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Very good. We like to play along as he flits from buttercup to buttercup – "There you are! No wait, you've disappeared again!"

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Very good. We like to play along as he flits from buttercup to buttercup – "There you are! No wait, you've disappeared again!"

I have friends who farm cattle in Pembrokeshire. There was once a cow they called Secret Squirrel, who fancied herself a bit clever that way. You don't really appreciate the width of a cow until you see one attempting to hide, nose-first, behind a birch sapling.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I had loads of rabbits as a kid, with imaginative names like 'Snowy' (I had 3 of those, over the years), Smoky (guess what colour) and Blackie (there's a big clue there). I loved looking after them, I really did.

But some friends now have rabbits ('for the kids') and seeing the poor little buggers locked in a hutch (rabbits, not kids, although they do get our for a run) I was a bit whelmed (not overwhelmed, just 'whelmed') by a sense of cruelty... I couldn't have one now... same with caged birds... coudln't do it.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Am hijacking this thread to post occasional updates on 'my' rabbits.

Snoozing in the sun
snoozing.jpg

Grooming, possibly in preparation for date night
grooming.jpg

"Do you like grass? What a coincidence, I like it too!"
grass1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
This afternoon we were held hostage. The grass was in need of mowing (a huge waste of time, it never fails to grow back), the rose bushes pruning back from their explosive state. However, it was made clear we were not to disturb Him. Secateurs remained locked in idle, the mower silent, as the clock ticked away the sunlight.

MrB.jpg

Finally He disappeared. We raced out and completed our respective missions. Now it is dusk and we await His return.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Chased off a sleek and healthy looking fox yesterday, which is a change; they usually look starved and hunted

casualties of lambing season
foxes.jpg

reminiscent of old photo ops of the American West. Here's the Dalton Gang
the Dalton Gang.jpg

I know they've got to eat too. Just wish they could live on the many vegetarian options around here.

eating.jpg

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
At 1 time I had a male rabbit and female guinea pig. My dad built a brick enclosed area for their bed and a bricked up run for them so they had plenty of room to run around. Their home was constantly covered so no other creature could get in. When I cleaned them out he was not allowed back into the bed until she had got it organised. I would love rabbits and guinea pigs again but I don't have the time :sad:

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Old physicist's joke:
Heisenberg and Schrödinger get pulled over for speeding.
The cop asks Heisenberg "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Heisenberg replies, "No, but we know exactly where we are!"
The officer looks at him confused and says "you were going 108 miles per hour!"
Heisenberg throws his arms up and cries, "Great! Now we're lost!"
The officer looks over the car and asks Schrödinger if the two men have anything in the trunk.
"A cat," Schrödinger replies.
The cop opens the trunk and yells "Hey! This cat is dead."
Schrödinger angrily replies, "Well he is now."

The uncertainty principle has been frequently confused with the observer effect, evidently even by its originator, Werner Heisenberg.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Sad day in the beebo house, both rabbits are missing, presumed dead.
My 8 year old daughter is in bits. One of life's hard lessons.

Top Bottom