raceblade long issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the mudguard keeps coming out of the back clip any ideas?
had to stop 3 times in 23 miles to reattach and i have jammed it on as tight as i can .
1608993008730.png

robjh

Legendary Member
They get to a stage where they're not fixable, as the little dimple under the lift-up flap has worn away or snapped off, so there's nothing to fix into the hole underneath.
I went for drastic remedies, but which have so far held firm for a couple of years : I removed the flap, punched a small hole through the plastic underneath then fixed the guard on with a (very short) screw. It stops all wobbles instantly, and if you're not too fussed about appearances...
IMG_20201226_144007.jpg

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They get to a stage where they're not fixable, as the little dimple under the lift-up flap has worn away or snapped off, so there's nothing to fix into the hole underneath.
I went for drastic remedies, but which have so far held firm for a couple of years : I removed the flap, punched a small hole through the plastic underneath then fixed the guard on with a (very short) screw. It stops all wobbles instantly, and if you're not too fussed about appearances...
View attachment 565328
Ok that looked good i used a smaller screw and left the metal tab in , screwed in at the edge at the front between the tab and plastic through to the underneath of the gaurd ( but not all the way through ) then used some black touch up paint to hide it

Top Bottom