Racially Inferior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
frog said:
What I can't understand is your kid has found someone to love and they're happy with them. Just what the hell else matters for Christ's sake? You should be grateful you offspring has bother to tell you and leave it at that.

Oh do not underestimate how sick and twisted parents can get. My poor brother's (bless him) future parents in law are sick, manipulative and twisted people who lie and twist the truth in order to get some kind of control over their daughter's life. Their actions do not reflect anything on the qualities of their daughter (who is delightful) and my brother (who is lovely), more that they are sad, lonely, and quite possibly very ill. It is quite unbelievable the lengths to which they will go. It's is my brother's wedding in December and we are all on tenterhooks in case they cause a scene and are unreasonable (which is highly likely). After the wedding my brother and his wife are just going to cut them off and have their own family.

In my view your advice to the kids to move away and cut the parents off is the right thing to do. The more they try to please the parents, the less likely they are to get the outcome they want (ie acceptance), because pleasing the parents gives them a greater sense of control and will make their behaviour continue. Your son and his partner will not win this on their terms so the best thing they can do is cut loose. Wish them luck from someone who has supported a much loved family member through this kind of abuse.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't quite understand how they can regard you as racially inferior if the mother is British. Are you British Frog?
French perhaps?

OP
OP
F

frog

I dunno, what year was that?

<mumbles into cupped hand> 1967 . . .

Very many thanks for the support Kirstie. I must walk around in Cloud Cuckoo Land or something. Over the past two years we've had our eyelids ripped open and a harsh light of prejdice poured into them. I didn't think this sort of thing existed outside Eastenders scripts.

Are you British Frog?

Through and through dear boy! Sing Rule Britannia before breakfast and even have my Union Jack boxers on as I type. :evil: But to be honest I don't think that matter, or ever did. We've always said to our two that we don't care who you decide to go out with, male, female, colour, or religion. Just be good to each other and if it ain't going to work then break amicable and move on. We'll be there if you need us and somewhere else when you don't.

frog said:

We've always said to our two that we don't care who you decide to go out with, male, female, colour, or religion. Just be good to each other and if it ain't going to work then break amicable and move on. We'll be there if you need us and somewhere else when you don't.

Sounds like a sensible attitude to me Frog. I hope it all works out for the two of them. On balance, I agree with Kirstie.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I agree that race doesn't matter but how can she think you're racially inferior if she's of the same race?

Peyote

rich p said:
I agree that race doesn't matter but how can she think you're racially inferior if she's of the same race?

Maybe she means genetically inferior rather than racially. I've heard similar arguments used against homosexuals. I think it's probably just a case of trying to pin dislike on someone without knowing anything about them to dislike!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
bonj said:

Hey Bonj, is that you walking along in front of the tall bloke?:evil::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
frog said:

Oh. Um. Very sorry to have to say this, but...

I wasn't born yet...

If it's any consolation, I get the same remark from students...

bonj2

rich p said:
Hey Bonj, is that you walking along in front of the tall bloke?:blush::biggrin:

:biggrin::evil: funny aren't yer.

nah, in all seriousness I'm sure i'll easily make it into the elite half when things start to go that way.

ChrisKH

Guru
Peyote said:
Maybe she means genetically inferior rather than racially. I've heard similar arguments used against homosexuals. I think it's probably just a case of trying to pin dislike on someone without knowing anything about them to dislike!

Good article on the research of the genetic disposition of homosexuals in The Times today. Research shows that (possibly) sexual preference is hard-wired in the brain. Admittedly they can only conclude this with research on nematode worms; by activating a gene in the brain they can stimulate same-sex attraction and this behaviour is part of the nervous system rather than any deliberate choice.

skut

Er - nationality isn't necessarily the same thing as race/ethnicity.

Reading posts like this one and mickle's one about Karma make me realize how few real problems I've ever had to deal with. Puts things into perspective really.

"Physical appearance, driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility, will improve, he says, while men will exhibit symmetrical facial features, look athletic, and have squarer jaws, deeper voices and bigger penises.

Women, on the other hand, will develop lighter, smooth, hairless skin, large clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, and even features, he adds. Racial differences will be ironed out by interbreeding, producing a uniform race of coffee-coloured people. "

My wife and I are evolutionary forerunners of the future super-race. How nice.

Top Bottom