'Racing' a combine

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Nebulous, 13 Aug 2012.

1. Nebulous

Nebulous Veteran

I did a TT on what can be quite a busy dual carriageway on Sunday morning. Did a turn at a flyover, and up ahead I saw an orange flashing light. I gradually caught him to see it was a combine harvester, followed by a small lorry carrying the blade. The guy on the bike in front of me nipped past in two goes. I was pretty wary about drawing out into 70 mph traffic on a bike, but after checking behind I managed to overtake both vehicles in one go.

Then I came on a long slow uphill drag, I could sense him gaining on me all the time and didn't the bleeding thing then pass me, although the lorry didn't. Eventually over the top of the climb, round a slight bend and I picked up speed again, but had a bit of a hairy and vulnerable moment going past as I couldn't see very far behind. I got to the finish about 2 miles later, stopped in a layby and he gave me a cheery wave as he passed.

2. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

You get no points on this forum for passing a combine, even although you did it twice on one outing.:sad:
    Still, it beats this SCR these townies do.:biggrin:

Bman likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice