Racing bike for £2000? Looking for recommendations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slawekpe

Hello everybody

I'm going to treat myself to a new bike and have a budget of approx. £2,000 for just that.
Have spent last 2 years riding Cube Attain Race, which is very much endurance bike, I'm leaning heavily towards something a bit more aggressive but not something that will beat me up, and will leave with all sorts of aches after 3-4h of cycling. At the moment, my short list is: Orbea Orca M20 and Giant TCR Advanced 1. Can anyone share opinion about those two (esp. interested to hear from Orbea riders)? Or maybe suggest some other bike? I think I've had a good look at what's available but there is always a chance of missing something.

Thanks in advance!
Slawek

harrison_888

Regular
Hello everybody

I'm going to treat myself to a new bike and have a budget of approx. £2,000 for just that.
Have spent last 2 years riding Cube Attain Race, which is very much endurance bike, I'm leaning heavily towards something a bit more aggressive but not something that will beat me up, and will leave with all sorts of aches after 3-4h of cycling. At the moment, my short list is: Orbea Orca M20 and Giant TCR Advanced 1. Can anyone share opinion about those two (esp. interested to hear from Orbea riders)? Or maybe suggest some other bike? I think I've had a good look at what's available but there is always a chance of missing something.

Thanks in advance!
Slawek
Hi Slawek,
Sounds like you're in a similar boat to me. We have similar budgets and are looking around the same area of bike.
Have you considered the Specialized Tarmac SL5?
I'd say if you're looking for something more aggressive I would try to find a frame with a shorter headtube and then drop the handlebars to give you the aero feel but this would be something you could achieve with a bike fit after you've bought your frame. As long as you're looking in the road bike category you should feel it's more compact in comparison to an endurance bike to start with.
Be interested to see where you end up with your decision.
Cheers,
H

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I've put 5000 miles on my TCR advanced 1 and it's an awesome piece of kit. Mind you lots of bikes are at that price point. TCR is very aggressive geometry and very stiff. I would recommend changing out the wheels a.s.a.p. though as they make the bike feel dead. This applies to many other brands as well though.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
How about a negative rise stem, a lot cheaper than a new bike :smile:

Deda-Zero100-Team-Stem-Internal-Black-DST140A.jpg

Top Bottom