Racing on Public Roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Roadie

There is a local Half Marathon taking place today near my locale. Some people were moaning on a local Forum about roads being closed for the duration and I posted this -

"And they don't pay road tax or insurance, and think they own the road. I saw five of them the other day weaving in and out of pedestrians without wearing helmets or Hi-viz. They went through Red pedestrian lights without stopping. Bloody runners are a danger to themselves! They should be forced to pay road tax and wear a registration Plate on their backs so they can be legally identified and brought to book!
Oh, I forgot to mention runners should be required to pass some sort of test before being allowed out on Public roads"

Did I miss anything out?

Hyslop

Veteran
:okay: Well done you!^_^

Brilliant!!

I like it, my Club has its Half-Marathon coming up in April, I'll keep that in mind, if there's any letters about it to the local newspaper

I'm sure one of the organisers told me that there's going to only be one road-closure (as it's a twisting, high hedged, country lane) on safety grounds

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
You forgot the silent movement, they are so quiet you never see them coming:whistle:...or going...
Bells? And what about lights?

sidevalve

Über Member
All very amusing to other cyclists I'm sure but as none of the things mentioned are in any way relevant whatsoever I suspect all you achieved was to irritate any non cyclists [and there are a lot of them] even more. Well done.

classic33

Leg End Member
All very amusing to other cyclists I'm sure but as none of the things mentioned are in any way relevant whatsoever I suspect all you achieved was to irritate any non cyclists [and there are a lot of them] even more. Well done.
Check for Motorists for the registration of pedestrians, you'll find they've beaten us to it already.

Drago

Legendary Member
What did achieve, other than getting people's.backs up? The great British public love a good moan to the point that if theres nothing to moan about they'll moan about that instead. It's what happens, get over it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Drawing attention to the fact that cyclists also race on the roads was not the smartest thing to do.

Top Bottom