Racked and bagged and ready to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last year I enjoyed three tours on my Creo SL Comp e-bike carrying my kit in a rucksack; the South Downs, Shropshire then the Wales & Ireland Coastlines . For this year I have fitted a bag and rack so the bike can take the strain. In 6 weeks my first tour of the year will be a bimble through Staffordshire and Worcester

Racked and Ready .jpeg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
That sounds like a great idea. Where do you charge up?

OP
OP
H

harlechjoe

That sounds like a great idea. Where do you charge up?

The range extender can be taken inside to a domestic plug in a cafe or other stopping place. I book overnight stays in travel-lodge / Premier - Inn places who allow bikes in bedrooms. When touring through Ireland I stopped at a bike shop who allowed me to plug my bike in in their workshop. Mind you, I have a range of 100 miles so the overnight stays usually suit my needs.

OP
OP
H

harlechjoe

Apart from fitting the rack and mudguards, have you done anything else to the bike?

Yes, I've always used a handlebar bag as it holds everything I need within arms reach for touring ( wallet, mobile phone, sweets ) then detach it and take it into cafes with me. Because this bike has a suspension handlebar stem, I had to lock the stem in a fixed position when putting the handlebar clasp on. Afterwards I fitted a handlebar riser ( an inexpensive item ) for my front light to rise above the bar bag. I also attach my bicycle bell and Garmin to the handlebar riser. I also fitted my old saddle onto the bike - the standard issue one gave me saddle sores.

Attachments

• handlebar riser.jpg
    handlebar riser.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
H

harlechjoe

is that the kind that clips in? I recently startled using them. nice not to use velcro straps anymore

That's right, the range extender fits into to seat tube bottle cage. Once it is connected to the motor its clasp locks everything, so even if the bottle cage works loose the range extender will always stay locked to the frame.

Attachments

• Seat tube.jpg
    Seat tube.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
H

harlechjoe

oh interesting, but I was referring to rack & bag. how does the bag attach to the rack?

A pair of Velco straps are threaded under the rack then double back on itself through a strap attached to the bag then lies on top the rack. So pressing down on the bag the velcro sticks to itself. A pair of separate straps loop up under the saddle then fold down to attach to themselves, holding the bag in place. I'm happy the bag is firmly secured.

Top Bottom