Radical adjustable bar stem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

RD1

Regular
Additional - if I get sufficient interest then bulk quality manufacturing in various materials will provide sufficient strength and stability at a price most can afford. Initial feed back circa £20 to £40...how does that sound...?
Got 2000+ views on LinkedIn but more comments and good feed back on here already

Thanks All
Rich

OP
OP
R

RD1

Regular
What is the design brief? Why do you think these are necessary or useful features for stems? It doesn't look like you understand the historical problems with stems or the nature of the forces on them, particularly since you don't even use the right terminology. But let's see what you propose.
Oh, apologies - what terminology was incorrect please?
Thx

Yes v

Yes valid points regards design/material/strength....some good feedback already...reply to Milkfloat regards design expertise and material selection being considered. From a known material volume my designer can probably calculate total weight in a chosen material...different weights/strengths for different use/bike type/off road/road ....quite a range to suit customers requirements...
Failsafe mechanism designed into the rotating mechanism and debating oval section for telescoping tubes or bead and groove....I prefer oval section..collar clamp to secure in place under dynamic load...
...!
Thanks
Rich
This lot doesn't inspire me with confidence. I sincerely hope your designer - being aerospace and all that - can calculate mass from a given volume of a given material.
What sort of "range" for difference customer needs to you anticipate? Could you expand on the various types of needs out there?
Dynamic load....big word.
Oval section...how much torque do you anticipate to go through those telescoping tubes?
I'm also very curious about the various materials this designer is considering. Do tell.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My Rose bike has a Speedlifter - quick release adjustment for the handlebars.

It does what it says, and is occasionally handy to change the bar height on longer rides to alleviate muscle stiffness.

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article...467.MzQ5NzEz&gclid=CMuW_uKykNMCFUeeGwodzWkPaw

OP
OP
R

RD1

Regular
My Rose bike has a Speedlifter - quick release adjustment for the handlebars.

It does what it says, and is occasionally handy to change the bar height on longer rides to alleviate muscle stiffness.

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article...467.MzQ5NzEz&gclid=CMuW_uKykNMCFUeeGwodzWkPaw
Thanks Pale Rider!
That's exactly one of the scenarios/ model options/ intended solutions we aim to provide: easy adjustment with few tools. We're all ergonomically slightly different and change over the years.....
Or if e.g. change / share bikes...
Great to be able to alter reach AND angle.....when you need to as you age OR for different bikes or if racing/ leisure/ mountain bike / off road ...
Oh I must get the 3-D design images on here...!
I have asked my designer to calculate weights in different materials and advise on load/ torsional stiffness capabilities.
Thanks
Rich

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I can't think that I would ever want to convert my road bike to MTB, and if I did it would need a hell of a lot more than an adjustable stem :giggle:

Top Bottom