Radical adjustable bar stem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

RD1

Regular
Is this "good patent attorney" a "good European patent attorney"? You have blown your disclosure on a European cycling forum. Is that on the advice of your "good patent attorney"?

Never mind, it's your business, not mine. But simply repeating "I have a US patent" over and over again gives you no protection outside the US and here you are discussing your invention outside the US without any protection safely in place, so I hope for your sake you know what you're doing.

OK thanks velovoice

What you can see is already in the public domain world wide.
What you can't isn't
Thx
Rich

OP
OP
R

RD1

Regular
I think either you don't understand how a threadless headset works, or I don't understand how a threadless headset works.

I don't know how a threadless headset works......

OP
OP
R

RD1

Regular
Oh dear. I think maybe you need to find out how something works before you start redesigning it.

Winjim - so, on an Ahead type the centre bolt on the stem top cap pre loads (tightens) the head set bearings...?
Apparently this can work loose over time...
In that case we do need to have that top cap accessible without having to remove the stem.....
Cheers
Rich

winjim

Smash the cistern
Winjim - so, on an Ahead type the centre bolt on the stem top cap pre loads (tightens) the head set bearings...?
Apparently this can work loose over time...
In that case we do need to have that top cap accessible without having to remove the stem.....
Cheers
Rich
To be perfectly frank, I think you need to just stop. You appear to be trying to design a component with little idea of what it's for and how it works. Your current design, should a mechanic ever manage to successfully install it, which I doubt they could, would render a bike dangerously unrideable.

Go and learn some basic bike mechanics, then maybe have another go.

Top Bottom