Raging Milkman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Got to work late, having had a lot of stuff to sort at home this morning before leaving. So, at 25 to 10, I was passing a milkman (whats he doing sitll on his rounds?) on a quiet residential street, parked cars on the left, milkman parked on the pavement on the right. Engine running. As I passed, the milkman got in and started to move, and then revved his engine hard right behind me. I slowed, looked round and yelled "whats that for!", and he yelled some kind of abuse about me going past him.

I suspect that I may have delayed him by, oh, about three seconds. If he hadn't revved his engine and tried to force a confrontation I'd have delayed him by less than a second.

New one for me.

Worth complaining to the dairy?

Keith Oates

Janner
Are electric milk carts no longer in use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most milkmen seem to wander willy nilly from one side of the road to the other, up and down the kerbs/footpaths through red lights etc. etc. Fortunately all this (mostly) takes place during the early hours, when there's normally only me and them about :biggrin:

Pete

Down these parts it's all still electric milk floats. And I've never had a problem: indeed I sometimes exchange a friendly wave as I overtake (one of the few vehicles I can always overtake!) Maybe it's the dieselisation that subtly affects their character... :biggrin:

But I can confirm that ours often delivers to the doorstep at around midnight or 1 am, nowadays. Don't know why the change, but it suits us - just so long as the night isn't too muggy (fat chance of that, at present!)

Probably not worth it, unless you caught the abuse on your camera of course :biggrin:

If you know who to contact and have the time it does no harm, although some of the companies that deal with milk delivery are small and independent, which probably would mean less joy with the complaint :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Cab,

Do you really go looking for trouble or is this stuff made up?
I hardly ever get any so you must be doing something different.

Dom

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

I overtook a milk float that wasn't moving, a few moments later the bloke, now behind me on a narrow road with cars parked down one side, started revving his engine aggressively at me. In what way could I have possibly gone looking for that, domtyler?

Cab said:
I overtook a milk float that wasn't moving, a few moments later the bloke, now behind me on a narrow road with cars parked down one side, started revving his engine aggressively at me. In what way could I have possibly gone looking for that, domtyler?

(Off Topic) Theres times when one needs a "Slightly hurt/puzzled" smilie :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You still have a milkman who delivers!? The last milkman know to deliver milk to my flat went off to be an actor and he hasn't been seen round here since Dr. No.:biggrin::excl:

gbyers

Pete said:
But I can confirm that ours often delivers to the doorstep at around midnight or 1 am, nowadays. Don't know why the change, but it suits us - just so long as the night isn't too muggy (fat chance of that, at present!)

On R4 this weekend there was an interview with businesses reliant on home delivery. Dairy Crest guy said it's crucial to their business that deliveries are complete before 8 am otherwise they can't expand into mail order, postal and other areas non dairy.

Interestingly a Future Publishing (discussing mag subscription and postage) rep was on. She sounded quite lucid and even sincere......... I suppose I could have rung in and asked her how she thinks forums should be managed. :biggrin:

Top Bottom