Rain and wet feet VS commuter cyclists. Should I innovate?

Should I design a pair of waterproof trousers with integrated overshoes?

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
It's not needed unfortunately. Having some knowledge of the trade it won't work. You'll have to sell it from your home. There are plenty of options out there

musa

Über Member
Why would you put a zip at the back? All bibs longs have it at the front for access

Col5632

Guru
I think trousers and overshoes work great how they are, putting overshoes on as it is can be difficult and adding trousers attached to them would just make it more difficult and as others have said you dont always require overshoes and vice versa

Haven't looked at your sketches so don't know if this suggestion would work because you're using a zip.

If the overshoe part was removable (e.g. velcroed) although usually left in place on the end of the overtrouser leg you could get round the problems of separate use and different rates of wear. You could then sell replacement overshoes separately. Depending on the way you positioned the velcro and the height of the overshoe 'boot' you could market the 'perfect fit' possibilities and maybe save a bit on the number of different leg-lengths you would have to produce.
I think you'd have to replace your proposed zip with velcro, too, but that might have cost benefits anyway.

Let me know if you decide to knock up some prototypes and I'll send you my inside leg measurements ;)

Feastie

Über Member
I would totally buy this if it could be smushed down and packed up easily into a little bag I could stuff into my rucksack. I'm forever getting wet like this and I don't have space in my bag to routinely carry around a pair of waterproofs and a second pair of shoes on the just in case. I've got a rucksack cover that packs up into a tiny bag and I use it whenever the heavens open with sufficient intensity, one of the best things I've bought.

Top Bottom