Rain riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Rain riding, how about these guys (Giro d'Italia)
10325259_788725104485229_3669157824246009160_n.jpg

ayceejay

Guru
An old friend of mine who lived on the West coast had a surefire way to predict the weather, pointing to some distant hills he said "If I can see those hills, I know it's going to rain "and if you can't see the hills?" I asked dimly -
"Then it's already raining."
It doesn't rain so much here but I have my own system based on geometry: there is vertical rain which OK to ride in, there is diagonal rain that is good to ride home in and there is horizontal rain that is best viewed from indoors.

uclown2002

Guru
I refuse to be defeated by the weather, I did 50 miles today and the heavy rain barely stopped. I've got the proper gear so didn't really get too wet, but a little always finds a way.....
Did I enjoy it? You bet!!
Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer a warm sunny day, but there is something satisfying about a foul weather ride, particularly afterwards soaking in a hot bath!

vickster

Legendary Member
I refuse to be defeated by the weather, I did 50 miles today and the heavy rain barely stopped. I've got the proper gear so didn't really get too wet, but a little always finds a way.....
Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer a warm sunny day, but there is something satisfying about a foul weather ride, particularly afterwards soaking in a hot bath!
You must have a job that enables you to ride every day and soak in the bath afterwards

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat

Some of my most enjoyable rides have been in heavy rain - I think I enjoy the challenge of it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Retired? Self employed? Kept man?

MattMM

According to The Rules:

http://testing.velominati.com/the-rules/#9. //" If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period. Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

According to The Rules:

http://testing.velominati.com/the-rules/#9. //" If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period. Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work."

I've proved that I'm a badass on a number of occasions in the past I've no need to do so again.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
@jefmcg and I did Cambridge -London yesterday, knowing it was going to rain as we got closer to London. Cycled for about 2 hours in the rain, last hour, heavy. Vile, I got home soaked, cold. Warm bath helped. Every item of clothing went in the wash, including drenched shoe covers and socks. My feet were squelching

I know why I am a fair weather cyclist basically!
Because youre a girl" obviously ;)

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
According to The Rules:

..and is wet and cold and probably alone and is going to be forking out for a turbo trainer next payday.. :rain::smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

That's how I feel. Unfortunately last weekend the rain set in with a vengeance on the way to Paris on Saturday, and again heading back to Dieppe on Monday, when there was no option but to slog grimly on. It didn't quite spoil the ride, but it came very close. Urgh.

We had that a few weeks ago, we had been talking about a fixed gear 100 for ages, the day we were doing it I got up to the sound of rain on the window, I observed rule 9 and drove to the start, it rained at first then we had the odd shower then in the last 10 miles it P***** it down

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/100-mile-fixed-gear-ride-spring-2014.136598/page-12

Top Bottom