rain stops play?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willo

Well I rushed out for my cycle earlier to beat the rain and had a fantastic ride over the North Downs imagining that I was leaving the field behind in my TdF debut at the ripe old age of 43:blush: . To add to my smugness, while cloudy, it still hasn't rained today down here on the Kentish Riviera (I've probably just cursed a mate's BBQ tonight!)

I love this time of year, you can wait out the rain (well the heaviest of it) and still get a ride in before dark.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Does not compute :unsure: :scratch:
Ha ha, try windows update :laugh:
Arrived at my destination so smart today that my friend asked if I cycled in: normally she just looks at me and asks "where did you park the bike?"
I am learning: next time, skirt & tights :girldance:

Jodee1kenobi

I looooove cycling the rain!! Especially, through the big puddles :wahhey: However, if I am cycling to a friend's house I do behave myself and try and avoid the big puddles and wear waterproofs (thats the only time you'll catch me in them though :laugh:)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was caught out today by the rain.:angry: I watched the tour on ITV 4 then set off in the fading sunshine. I got to the highest part of my town then felt the dreaded drizzle!, by the time i'd done another 2 miles the heavens opened! I sat under a shop canopy for 20 long minutes then i'd had enough so i headed home.
I went back for my eye protection and overshoes, then i ended up doing 33 miles. Even though the rain stopped i kept the shoes on as they keep my feet nice and warm, which shouldn't be the case in July should it?!:dry:

I used to cycle for fun 52 weeks a year (probably why my knees got wrecked!).
I've go all fat and lardy now, so I'm out any chance I get. I'll be out tomorrow morning unless I see fish swimming past the bedroom window when I get up :rain:

al78

Guru
For utility cycling, I cycle in all weathers. I don't enjoy cycling in the rain but if the journey is necessary, then it is something that has to be done. I wouldn't set out for a leisure ride if it was pouring with rain (the whole point of the word "leisure" is to enjoy it, surely), however if it starts raining part way through I will just carry on and finish, unless it gets very bad then I'll divert home by the fastest possible method.

I have been very lucky so far this summer as despite the amounts of rain we have had, I have only encountered light rain at the times I have been commuting. The really heavy stuff has tended to go through during the middle of the day. Unlike 2007 where I got rained on about 60 times in a six month period.

Top Bottom