Rain....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know I`ve mentioned this subject and how it ruins my cycling experience, but who else loves the sound of it when you have your feet up by the fire, or when laying in bed? My house has a dormer roof so the rain is really loud in the bedrooms and I do enjoy it^_^

Anybody else?

classic33

Leg End Member
The sound makes it sound worse if you're going out though.

postman

Legendary Member
Got to say,the lashings of rain we have had,has helped open up the soil where i intend to put the raised bed for our rhubarb.Three weeks ago the soil was so hard very heavy clay around these parts.I had trouble getting half the blade in .Last week i was able to get all of the blade in and break up the soil to the depth i wanted.It is going to look great when the raised bed is built and topped off with com post as the Yanks say,i kid you not watch a few Yankie gardening videos on You Tube.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Having worked outside for over 30 yrs, no I'm not keen on the sound

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its been torrential in Denmark over the past couple of weeks. My Gore C5 jacket has been a god send. But I ordered a pair of winter boots for the first time yesterday. A good extended spell of rain really helps to motivate you to sort your wet weather gear out.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I still camp regularly, and the sound of rain on the canvas when I'm warm and cosy in my sleeping bag is brilliant. When you really need a pee though it's not so good!
I don't mind it either, except the one time my dog was sharing my tent with me and he escaped into the pouring rain at about 2 am. in order to go hunting stuff which he definitely shouldn't be doing (chickens for example):hyper:

Top Bottom