Rain....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
do that in the week for commuting i dont do drowned rat for fun

As a fellow daily commuter I still tend to do weekend rides if raining

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As a fellow daily commuter I still tend to do weekend rides if raining
moot point anyway mrs ck put her name down for overtime where she works last 2 sundays as apparantly we dont have anything planned , nah i only usually do a club ride on a sunday and its the only time i get to myself ,I go to work come home and dont stop normally till i get to bed .Today im doing the housework, washing, keeping the kids from killing each other and laying vinyl floor tiles.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We had a static caravan for quite a few years and enjoyed lying in bed with the rain on the roof.
Similarly we enjoy being in the conservatory when its raining.
I dont cycle in the rain if possible.

Lullabelle

Banana
I know I`ve mentioned this subject and how it ruins my cycling experience, but who else loves the sound of it when you have your feet up by the fire, or when laying in bed? My house has a dormer roof so the rain is really loud in the bedrooms and I do enjoy it^_^

Anybody else?

This morning we were tucked up in bed listening to the sound of rain :smile: I enjoy listening to it when I know I don't have to go out in it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I actually went out voluntarily in the rain early today. Well that's not quite true... I decided to go out, found a cut in my tyre, took it off and stuck a patch on the inside and when I got out, found the rain had started so went anyway. With a rain cape on you soon reach a steamy equilibrium but the feet and bum get steadily more and more soggy and cold.

Got home, had a shower and drove over to Holcombe Brook to watch the Lancs RC hill climb up the Rake. Met three old friends, enjoyed myself, didn't get wet and the rain re-started as they handed out the last prize. Today's winning time was 2.27 although the Record stands at 2.14.

My house is built over a brook and when the water is really high we hear boulders tumbling down the bed of the culvert, a rather unnerving sound.

Top Bottom