Raising funds for Marlets and Haiti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Hello everyone, at the end of the month I am taking part in the FNRttC to help raise funds for the Marlets hospice in Hove, I collected sponsors, donations last year and raised money for Help for Heroes so this time I have decided to raise some funds by selling off some unused cycling kit. I would like to raise as much as I can and I am going to donate 50% to Marlets and 50% to DEC for Haiti. I have posted all the pics of the kit and there are 25 items, it's a bit like the Generation Game...:ohmy:. I haven't done this before so I'm not sure how it will work? People could send a cheque, use paypal or pay in person if they see me. I can post items or deliver in person perhaps (for example at this months FNRttC). I'm not sure what a fair price may be for some of the items, the clothing I guess could average £5 per item perhaps? An electronics expert may come in handy with the lights, the Electron works fine but has no charger, the Lumicycles as you can see have been dismantled so need attention (but include 2 chargers, extension leads, lamp units, bulbs & mounts), the BLT also has no charger and the switch gear inside is broken - spares or repairs? All supplied bulbs have been checked in the Electron light and work fine. The Sigma computer works but just needs a new battery. The Buffalo jacket (item 18) has a small hole on the right sleeve (due to a crash) and is ideal if planning a cycle ride to the North Pole. The long tights (item 13) are unworn and would suit someone of giraffe proportions...:biggrin:

I am open to any offers for any items, this could get messy and if it's as much hassle as posting all the pics it will probably be a nightmare....but hopefully worth it.

Thanks all,

Mike.

Item 1 - Electron light, works but no charger
256flhw.jpg
Item 2 - Lumicycle lights, need attention
jab7g2.jpg
Item 3 - BLT light, no charger, battery ok, switch broken
2d9shas.jpg
Item 4 - Sigma computer, 2 bike mounts, just needs a new battery
xuakg.jpg
Item 5 - Bad Bones, to beef up a d lock
velu82.jpg
Item 6 - Nike bum bag, in good condition, holds 2 small water bottles inside
s0v9s7.jpg
Item 7 - Camelbak, takes 1 litre bladder I think (not with it)
2zjdmhj.jpg
Item 8 - Hind mitts, in good cond
2llzig9.jpg
Item 9 - Altura hat, unused
11kbe3r.jpg
Item 10 - Polaris headband, used and in fair cond
2w5u3jd.jpg
Item 11 - Purple scarf, this colour may have it's day again soon...:ohmy:
ivcqb8.jpg
Item 12 - Ronhills, large in fair cond
2mrhzdj.jpg
Item 13 - Very, very, very long tights, unused
358au6u.jpg
Item 14 - Trek bibs, medium in good cond
33mo5k8.jpg
Item 15 - Trek shirt, medium in good cond (full length zip)
2vtr78m.jpg
Item 16 - Nema baggy shorts, medium in fair cond
m79vt4.jpg
Item 17 - Altura baggy shorts, large in good cond
jpip2g.jpg
Item 18 - Buffalo jacket, size 40?, good cond apart from small hole in sleeve
blk5h.jpg
Item 19 - Cycling Plus long sleeve, medium but a bit small, good cond
15x2s5z.jpg
Item 20 - Cycling Plus short sleeve, medium but a bit small, good cond
dxbvb7.jpg
Item 21 - Marin jersey, medium in fair cond
2qx4ao3.jpg
Item 22 - Karrimor jersey, large in fair cond
69i06g.jpg
Item 23 - French long sleeve jersey, size 2? fair cond
xf9hjt.jpg
Item 24 - Blue Oakley shirt, x large in good cond
zx7609.jpg
Item 25 - Cream Oakley shirt, large in good cond
2cih5km.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Give you a tenner for the sigma pooder.

iLB

Hello there
for some reason i am strangely drawn to the long sleeve cycling + jersey, is it as retro as the photo seems?

OP
OP
M

mike e

iLB said:
for some reason i am strangely drawn to the long sleeve cycling + jersey, is it as retro as the photo seems?

Hi Andy, it's a very nice top and is quite retro I suppose. Yours for £5 or offers? both cycling plus tops for £8 ???

iLB

Hello there
will def take them at that price :smile:, see you at the end of march, but where to meet? under an arch at midnight sounds convenient :smile:

OP
OP
M

mike e

Hello all,

Items flying out..............sort of...;)

Sigma computer now sold to Dan Bo

Cycling Plus tops sold to iLB

Don't forget, it's all for a good cause (x2)

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Item 13, how very, very, very long ?

OP
OP
M

mike e

stevevw said:
Mike what do you want for item 2. I like a challenge :smile:

All the money I raise is for the 2 charities and some of the items listed will just get chucked in the bin (re-cycled) if there not sold.

Lumicycles have potential - £5 the lot? £10 if your feeling generous?

To be honest I thought the lights might get some interest from the Friday nighter's, the Electron is a really nice light with a remote handlebar switch, I'm sure someone must have a charger (or suitable) somewhere for it?

The BLT ain't great but for someone who enjoys challenge's, ey Steve...:biggrin:

How about £15 to £20 for the whole lot and I'll chuck in an item of clothing of your choice?

stevevw

Guru
Mike
How about £50 for the lights and Helmet posted. If I can get all of them working I could sell 2 on and you can have the money from them as well to add to your pot.

As for an item of clothing :smile: Do you think any thing of yours is ever likly to fit me. :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

mike e

Cheers Steve, very generous of you.

Expect a large parcel soon and let the fixing begin....:biggrin:

Point taken on the clothing....:smile:

Please pm me an address to send the goodies.....

I'm interested in Item 7 - The Camelbak outer.
I've a 1 liter inner that I just sit in my 3 liter outer while it cool, but could do with an outer for it.
£10 ok, if so I'll see you under the arch.

Luck ......... :smile:

Top Bottom