Ralegh Record Ace 80's advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi Vintage Peeps.

I don't normally post in this section but...

I have a yearning for an 80's Record/Super Record Ace from a specific 2 yr period.

The reason is - a school mate had access to his dad's (brand new - he was loaded) & my parents just couldn't afford it.
I was admittedly v.jealous.

If I remember rightly - his was a pale metallic blue (black was another option that year).

As I was roughly 14 yrs old then - I reckon the year to be between 83 & 85 (I know I said 2 yr period) allowing for date error.

So my question is - how difficult to find a minter & roughly what's the £ range from good to near mint condition ??

Any help gratefully received.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Also if anyone has some Raleigh catalogues from 80' to 86 ish in decent condition - (featuring road bikes & also BMX of the period) I would be interested in buying from you.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice bike but getting rare as people keep using them (and similar) to convert to Fixies. You may struggle to get a "minter" but there are a few places that can refurbish frames and supply decals it all depends on your budget.
Good luck hunting for one of them,

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
can keep an eye out for you @SteCenturion as quite often get older bikes offered to me , but no promises
Much obliged Mr biggs.

I can't promise to afford it - but the will & desire is there.

Not really much of a mechanic type so will be looking for something in excellent to near mint condition.

I will also consider a frame/fork & after doing a bit of research today - only Reynolds 531 or 753 will do - none of that tange 18-23 muck.

Would very much love an 84-85 Team Panasonic.

Incidentally - during my browsing i spotted an ebay buy by (try saying that after a few scoops) a member of another forum - £312 & near minter.

Not so bothered about total originality (apart from the frame/forks/paint).

All this talk of steel has turned my head & now I remember my lust for these as a youf. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom