Raleigh Carlton Super Course Mk11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked this up late yesterday it's a 1976 model for the French market where it spent it's first couple of years before being taken to Switzerland and back to blighty approximately 3 years ago.

IMG_20170524_050957153.jpg

It's totally standard original spec right down to the import seal and has gained a Swiss license plate en route .

IMG_20170524_051021010.jpg

IMG_20170524_051034819.jpg

First drama sorted tonight so just waiting for new tyres to arrive and a then treat both wheels to a tweak or two to straighten them up .

Looks to have had an easyish life so far . I couldn't resist the chrome and burnt orange paint work. As to it making the keeper section of the garage time and miles will tell.

Then the miles can start.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice. :becool:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What a find! But Mk11?

i think its more like the second re incarnation of the original

woodbutcher

Veteran
Picked this up late yesterday it's a 1976 model for the French market where it spent it's first couple of years before being taken to Switzerland and back to blighty approximately 3 years ago.

View attachment 353772

It's totally standard original spec right down to the import seal and has gained a Swiss license plate en route .

View attachment 353771

View attachment 353774

First drama sorted tonight so just waiting for new tyres to arrive and a then treat both wheels to a tweak or two to straighten them up .

Looks to have had an easyish life so far . I couldn't resist the chrome and burnt orange paint work. As to it making the keeper section of the garage time and miles will tell.

Then the miles can start.
Thats a smashing looking bike ....long live Carlton :cuppa:

Top Bottom