Raleigh Catalogue (including MTB's) for 1989

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Has anyone got one of these stashed away in their collections of publicity material? I can only find the 1989 Lightweight Catalogue anywhere online, not the full product range one. The reason I'm interested is I want to find out what the frame geometry is for the Mustang models which date from that year. Looking at the frame of one such bike (unless it's an optical illusion of course) it seems they have VERY old-fashioned geometry more akin to a Heavy Roadster with a really laid back head tube. The slightly later MTB frames with "energiser" rear stays I know are 70 degree parallel in the larger sizes, but I'm convinced the Mustang geometry is different to those. It's not really important I suppose, but I am curious all the same, as they have a different feel to them when ridden compared to later frame models.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I had one, £500 or so turned it into a lovely bike. So nice some scroat had it away.....................From the house and yes it was inside. :cursing:

GuyBoden

Guru
Has anyone got one of these stashed away in their collections of publicity material? I can only find the 1989 Lightweight Catalogue anywhere online, not the full product range one. The reason I'm interested is I want to find out what the frame geometry is for the Mustang models which date from that year. Looking at the frame of one such bike (unless it's an optical illusion of course) it seems they have VERY old-fashioned geometry more akin to a Heavy Roadster with a really laid back head tube. The slightly later MTB frames with "energiser" rear stays I know are 70 degree parallel in the larger sizes, but I'm convinced the Mustang geometry is different to those. It's not really important I suppose, but I am curious all the same, as they have a different feel to them when ridden compared to later frame models.

I think that the Mustang was a 1990 Raleigh bike, so I'd be looking at the 1990 catalogues.

Top Bottom