Raleigh chopper mk2- is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_4375.PNG Hi, I am thinking about buying this raleigh chopper mk2 lemon fizzy for £100 on gumtree. The frame seems to be in relatively good condition and it seems to have most of its parts. I am planning to restore it over the winter to as original as possible but I will have to source some original handlebars as it has mk3 handlebars and stem with it. Is it worth £100 or should I just wait for a better one to come along?

Attachments

• IMG_4376.PNG
    IMG_4376.PNG
    283.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4377.PNG
    IMG_4377.PNG
    279.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4378.PNG
    IMG_4378.PNG
    250.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4379.PNG
    IMG_4379.PNG
    268.9 KB · Views: 155

Broadside

Guru
It looks like you would be buying a load of bits, whether you can make them in to a bike is another matter.

OP
OP
Raleighrecord

Raleighrecord

Regular
Not sure it's worth a ton? Pristine examples can make good dosh, but how much of that parts heap is original? I would view it first, make sure frame is original and in good order.
I am going to view it later today, judging by the photos most of it's there, I can imagine the majority of the nuts and bolts for the parts are missing however replacements are widely available on eBay, the only problem is getting some mk2 handlebars for a good price.

OP
OP
Raleighrecord

Raleighrecord

Regular
Mint ones go for top dollar, piles of sheet do not. I wouldn't pay a ton for a pile of rust that needs several hundred more spending on it, and then still wouldn't be worth what you'd spent.
The gentleman who is selling it has also got some grifter parts that I need so I am not just paying £100 for the chopper, I am not planning on selling it instead I am going to restore it over the winter and display it so I'm not really too bothered if it's not worth as much aslong as it looks good after the restoration.

Top Bottom