Raleigh chopper wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I always think of Look-In, The Goodies, Fizzy Cola Spangles, Crystal Tips and Alistair, three-star jumpers and Birmos whenever I see a Chopper.

Strange how the mind works.
I had to google Birmos. We just called them baggies, probably because I grew up in the midlands so we knew what a dump Birmingham was. I'm imagining the rest of the country looking up to Brum as some kind of style centre. Forget Carnaby Street, I've got Birmos! :laugh:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I had to google Birmos. We just called them baggies, probably because I grew up in the midlands so we knew what a dump Birmingham was. I'm imagining the rest of the country looking up to Brum as some kind of style centre. Forget Carnaby Street, I've got Birmos! :laugh:
I lived on a Merseyside council estate.

We were under no illusions as to the lack of cachet our address conferred upon us, but neither did we look to Birmingham for haute couture. They were just called "Birmingham Bags", or "Birmos" for short ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are cool to look at as an icon from the 70's, but i wouldn't want to ride one again.

Same here, wouldn't ride one again. I did love mine, did many miles on it, but it was a bit of a liability. The racing bike I replaced it with was a million times better. PS it's also a bit 'small' for an adult.

Top Bottom