Raleigh Clubman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TouringDonut

Regular
Hello,

I've just purchased this from a friend at work who has had it since new and only used briefly so it's immaculate.

It's a Raleigh Clubman with all original parts.

What year do you think it is? What's it's value?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20211017_122256.jpg
    IMG_20211017_122256.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20211017_122304.jpg
    IMG_20211017_122304.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20211017_122320.jpg
    IMG_20211017_122320.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 51

midlife

Guru
Looks very smart. There should be a number stamped on the bottom bracket which will give the date

OP
OP
TouringDonut

TouringDonut

Regular
Looks very smart. There should be a number stamped on the bottom bracket which will give the date
Thank you mate,

It didn't seem to make much sense to me or doesn't have a clear date. It's WS3000357. I read online somewhere W means workshop.

Another question if you have a second. Would you change the original tyres for new ones? Although brand "new" they seems to have very little grip. They are Michelin World Tour tyres.

OP
OP
TouringDonut

TouringDonut

Regular
Thank you mate,

It didn't seem to make much sense to me or doesn't have a clear date. It's WS3000357. I read online somewhere W means workshop.

Another question if you have a second. Would you change the original tyres for new ones? Although brand "new" they seems to have very little grip. They are Michelin World Tour tyres.
*Worksop

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Looks a lovely bike.
I would hazard a guess at late 70's early 80's because the centre pull brakes,Weinman?
As Midlife says, the frame number will indicate what year. There could also be a year stamped on the back of the brake calipers.

Paulus

Thank you mate,

Generally world tour tyres are pretty good.
They may of gone hard if they have been stationary for a long time. Are they pumped up to the correct pressure?

Paulus

All uphill

Still rolling along
That is a thing of beauty.

It's not a great time of year for selling bikes. I would remove the reflectors in the wheels and on the seat post and start at £250 and see what happens. Does that sound about right to the people here with more knowledge than me?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's a lovely bike. You're not going to get a huge sum for it so I should keep it and enjoy. It's unlikely you'll see another like that. You might achieve the price suggested by @All uphill but you might not. Plus your mate might be rather upset if you sell it as I'm sure he'll have sold it to you at an advantageous price.

OP
OP
TouringDonut

TouringDonut

Regular
That's a lovely bike. You're not going to get a huge sum for it so I should keep it and enjoy. It's unlikely you'll see another like that. You might achieve the price suggested by @All uphill but you might not. Plus your mate might be rather upset if you sell it as I'm sure he'll have sold it to you at an advantageous price.
Yes sorry, I have no intention of selling it. Just going to ride and enjoy it. I really like it.

I was just curious in relation to the price I paid.

Thanks for reply

Top Bottom