Raleigh corsa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swifty

Über Member
could anybody advise on one of these is it a Carlton with a Raleigh badge and what would have been the original spec .I have no pics to post but is very light and is a shimano 10 speed the owner bought it second hand in about 1981 .I have found pictures of similar bikes on web but cannot find the spec?

midlife

Guru
Corsa was usually a Carlton name, does it look like this?

file.jpg

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
No it's white in colour 501 tubing and has a lot of shimano parts sakae handlebars wish I had had more time to study it looks quite a nice bike

midlife

Guru
Raleigh usually stayed away from Carlton names until about 1981 iirc .......they the above pic is a Corsa Panasonic I think, the 12 speed Raleigh Corsa came a few years later. Nice pale blue pearl ?

I'd better Google to check my memory as it's a bit flakey lol

martin540

I have a pretty much original 1984 Raleigh Corsa in pearl white with Shimano Golden Arrow groupset (inc brakes) and SR stem/seat post.

Reynolds 501 frame, stays and forks. It is 12 speed though, not 10.

Later Corsas had the above "race" paint job.

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
Sorry for posting in the cafe should have been in the vintage part was curious about the bike because of the possible Carlton connection but this is definitely a Raleigh and wasn't sure when shimano came to be on Raleigh bikes

midlife

Guru
[QUOTE 5161559, member: 259"]No, they were definitely using the Corsa name well before that.[/QUOTE]

I worked in a Raleigh 5 star dealer in the 70's and can't recall a Raleigh Corsa in the 70's . Mind you my memory is a bit pants lol

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
I have a pretty much original 1984 Raleigh Corsa in pearl white with Shimano Golden Arrow groupset (inc brakes) and SR stem/seat post.

Reynolds 501 frame, stays and forks. It is 12 speed though, not 10.

Later Corsas had the above "race" paint job.
That is more like what it is

Top Bottom