Raleigh corsa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I'm very tempted to make him an offer for this bike as he wants rid of sure with a good clean and a bit of care would be a nice bike may have to hide from wife she says I've got to get rid of a few before I can have another
Get rid of the wife.:okay:

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
I can see her point the garage is full of enough bikes and bits which I have sort of rescued and made roadworthy again and I doubt there is enough room for another at the moment. yet,!!!!!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I can see her point the garage is full of enough bikes and bits which I have sort of rescued and made roadworthy again and I doubt there is enough room for another at the moment. yet,!!!!!

Nothing wrong with a bit of rescue & repair!
Haven't you got any space up in the loft where you could shove a couple of less-used ones, in order to keep her sweet?

I wonder what year the Reynolds 501 tubing first appeared? Knowing that could be a useful way to rule out/rule in a mystery bike having been made in a particular era. I've also seen 500 ATB plain gauge stickers on frames. Presumably that came out later still as a cheaper alternative to butted 501?

I got a bargain (£90) for a barely used Raleigh Corsa (501 frame) from 1984 - they also threw in a Kryptonite lock! It has a Shimano 105 Golden Arrow set. It's in pearl white / oyster. I've since replaced the brake hoods, bar tape, brake pads, polished the wheels metal work, degreased, oiled, cleaned up.

It has no rust at all and has been kept inside its whole life.

I love the bike. I'm a student and frequently get compliments because of its vintage/retro look. Bikes like these are getting really popular around Brighton.

ymmDYsC.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I got a bargain (£90) for a barely used Raleigh Corsa (501 frame) from 1984 - they also threw in a Kryptonite lock! It has a Shimano 105 Golden Arrow set. It's in pearl white / oyster. I've since replaced the brake hoods, bar tape, brake pads, polished the wheels metal work, degreased, oiled, cleaned up.

It has no rust at all and has been kept inside its whole life.

I love the bike. I'm a student and frequently get compliments because of its vintage/retro look. Bikes like these are getting really popular around Brighton.

View attachment 420803
Very nice. :becool:

Top Bottom