Raleigh Europa 23inch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
A new set of tyre will definately set off the whole cycle better. Takes me back seeing one of these. One of the best and most memorable colour/graphic schemes for me.

A new set of tyre will definately set off the whole cycle better. Takes me back seeing one of these. One of the best and most memorable colour/graphic schemes for me.
:biggrin: Well this one,s back in the land of the living I have changed the tyres etc & it now rides OK & for the modest outlay I paid plus the bits/bobs I,m quite pleased with it more pictures very soon! :biggrin:

Look forward to seeing the images.
:biggrin: Bike has turned out ok for not a lot of money & is now used as an every day ride to/from work. Black tyres were bought very cheap from Wilko,s returns up at Manton Wood :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC03296.JPG
    DSC03296.JPG
    502.9 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC03297.JPG
    DSC03297.JPG
    482.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC03298.JPG
    DSC03298.JPG
    501.2 KB · Views: 179

Spokesmann

Nopt bad. Perfectly usable for the outlay. Although Id probably have some tan wall WTs and a Brooks saddle on there, that might blow the budget! Nice to see one of these brought back to parade standard.

Nopt bad. Perfectly usable for the outlay. Although Id probably have some tan wall WTs and a Brooks saddle on there, that might blow the budget! Nice to see one of these brought back to parade standard.
:biggrin: Didn,t want to spend too much on this one Mike as its only a cheapie for getting to/from work etc & used in all weathers thats rain & shine remember how much it cost Leather Brooks seat would be nice but it would not last five minutes on this bike it would get nicked so the seat can stay as it is :biggrin: Tyres cost 2 quid for the pair Tan/Black tyres would have been great but I don,t think they could be found brand new for a pound each! :thumbsup:

Spokesmann

:biggrin: Didn,t want to spend too much on this one Mike as its only a cheapie for getting to/from work etc & used in all weathers thats rain & shine remember how much it cost Leather Brooks seat would be nice but it would not last five minutes on this bike it would get nicked so the seat can stay as it is :biggrin: Tyres cost 2 quid for the pair Tan/Black tyres would have been great but I don,t think they could be found brand new for a pound each! :thumbsup:

Fit for purpose then!

Id always like to go to town so to speak on one of these and restore the graphics/paint etc, right down to the black large hubs these originally had.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi just got given a raleigh europa but tyres are perished need to know what size tyres these have also where i can get some copys? Thank u

I should think they were 27 x 1 1/4" originally , and a set of these will do the job https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tyres/g...onid=a08d74eb6ef58b816ddc11054087ccde16b1fb5b

Oh and we need pics please

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Is this the same frame as the BSA Tour de France, or a different material? Apart from the decals and the quill stem it looks the same to me.

Top Bottom