Raleigh Evo 2 Longer Seatpost Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimWinters

Regular
Hi all,

I purchased my Raleigh second hand in 2020 to ease the boredom of lockdown and regain some much needed fitness. I am enjoying riding the bike apart from that I could do with a longer seatpost. The current post is 30.4 mm wide and 550mm long. I could really do with a 600mm. I have searched with no luck. there are plenty Brompton/Dahon posts at this length but nothing as narrow as 30.4.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rusty Rocket

Out of interest how tall are you?

OP
OP
TimWinters

TimWinters

Regular
I will eventually buy a new one but for now, even eith the seatpost issue, the Raleigh Evo is ok to get fit again and build up distance.

Ive been looking around online and I am favouring Tern at the moment from their published specifications there will be more than enough adjustment. I have looked at the Tilt 900 from Decathlon which should geve me 1 to 1 1/2 inch more adjustment than the Raleigh which may be just enough. However I do like Tern Link (C or D8). I like that I can get spares and lots of accessories from Tern.

Kell

Veteran
That Tilt 900 looks decent from the website.

I'd have no problem recommending B Twin bikes either. I had (still have) a B Twin Triban 3. It was my first road bike (in something like 35 years) and I didn't want to spend a huge amount. At the time, they were £300 new and consistently won the best bike under £500 even against bikes costing £499.

I bought mine SH for £115, and nothing's gone wrong on it, it's been absolutely fine to ride. I got offered the chance to buy my Brother in law's old Carbon Bike which is the only real reason I've stopped riding it. If I put on decent wheels, it may even be comparable speed wise for someone like me.

OP
OP
TimWinters

TimWinters

Regular
That Tilt 900 looks decent from the website.

I'd have no problem recommending B Twin bikes either. I had (still have) a B Twin Triban 3. It was my first road bike (in something like 35 years) and I didn't want to spend a huge amount. At the time, they were £300 new and consistently won the best bike under £500 even against bikes costing £499.

I bought mine SH for £115, and nothing's gone wrong on it, it's been absolutely fine to ride. I got offered the chance to buy my Brother in law's old Carbon Bike which is the only real reason I've stopped riding it. If I put on decent wheels, it may even be comparable speed wise for someone like me.
Yes, It does look good for the money. what really interests me is the 9 speed cassette. I live in a hilly area so it would be good to have a choice of adding very low gearing to enable me to venture out further. And, for the price I can do any conversion and not spend a fortune. When Decathlon reopens in my area I'm hoping they have stock so I can have a good look. Then all I need to do is wait until Tern bikes arrive in my LBS to compare both.

berlinonaut

Veteran
I stopped a Brompton owner who said they make adjustable seat posts.

Brompton seat posts are 31,9mm, the OP need 30,4mm... And he did state already in his start post that he is aware that Brompton posts do not fit his bike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom