Raleigh Lombardie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That LOMBARDIE decal looks suspiciously like a later addition. I could be wrong.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nah the days of 'waterslide transfers' that need lacquering over was long gone by the time 700c wheels came in except on the real 'top of the range' bikes.
Ok - it's just that I used to work for a company that made and sold a lot of cycle stickers in the early 1980s, including a range made under licence from Raleigh. The one on the frame looked like an after market one to me.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ok - it's just that I used to work for a company that made and sold a lot of cycle stickers in the early 1980s, including a range made under licence from Raleigh. The one on the frame looked like an after market one to me.
I'm not saying it is original.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Too many ifs, buts and maybe on this one l guess. I thought the frame looked ok, probably because the colour flatters it and gives it a bit of elegance.
I'll give it a miss, partially because l have just bought my winter ride from Italy and it isn't here yet so Im holding my breath on its delivery :bicycle:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Too many ifs, buts and maybe on this one l guess. I thought the frame looked ok, probably because the colour flatters it and gives it a bit of elegance.
I'll give it a miss, partially because l have just bought my winter ride from Italy and it isn't here yet so Im holding my breath on its delivery :bicycle:

Oh didn't the seller tell you , he is sending it my way for testing purposes first :laugh:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Oh didn't the seller tell you , he is sending it my way for testing purposes first :laugh:
I wondered why l'd he mentioned quality control and whether the colour combination was to my liking . The really contentious issue is that it is all aluminium
and since l have never ridden, never mind owned such a contraption and with so called "brifters" to boot l am venturing into uncharted waters, and probably need your unbiased opinion as to its suitability for a person of my limited experience:whistle:

Top Bottom