Raleigh Max Alu II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucers

Guru
I have the above bike in a lovely solid green colour and from what I've seen on another thread is about a 1994 version. It has Alivio components in the main. The brakes are Alivio but done in an enamel/ceramic coating. It looks very nice, my question is, is this normal or are they like a special order extra?
100_1622.JPG
100_1623.JPG

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fairly normal. It will be annodised. Alvio stuff is quite common and you might be able to pick up replacement used parts if you look on line.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's '96 MY spec, so it dates from the second half of 1995 to the first half of 1996ish. Nice bike. Raleigh did have some gems in the range at that point that were sadly overlooked.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Brucers, nice to see another "proper" Nottingham-made old Raleigh still going strong. It is a nice colour and you should post it up in the "show us your Raleigh" thread in the photo gallery section. Your bike was made in 1995, the same year as my Pioneer Trail 18, also equipped with Alivio cantis. Mine are polished not matt anodised - so I assume the finish was model-specific to the Max. There's a '95 models catalogue in the Veteran Cycle Club online library which has both our bikes in it.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Fairly normal. It will be annodised. Alvio stuff is quite common and you might be able to pick up replacement used parts if you look on line.
Thanks, was not looking for parts. All four are in great condition. Was just curiosity as I'd not come across this before.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
It's '96 MY spec, so it dates from the second half of 1995 to the first half of 1996ish. Nice bike. Raleigh did have some gems in the range at that point that were sadly overlooked.
Yes, this one looks lovely and mostly original. Big shame is too small for me.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Brucers, nice to see another "proper" Nottingham-made old Raleigh still going strong. It is a nice colour and you should post it up in the "show us your Raleigh" thread in the photo gallery section. Your bike was made in 1995, the same year as my Pioneer Trail 18, also equipped with Alivio cantis. Mine are polished not matt anodised - so I assume the finish was model-specific to the Max. There's a '95 models catalogue in the Veteran Cycle Club online library which has both our bikes in it.
It is a lovely colour and in great condition, mostly very original too. I am going to show it in the Raleigh thread. The big shame is it's too small for me and I'm pondering putting the brakes onto the Amazon I have. I know 'sacrilige'

Top Bottom