Raleigh Mission helmet - how do you turn on the LED light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Custom24

Über Member
Hi
Bought my wife a bike and helmet today. Forgot the instruction manual. Can't turn on the rear LED light on the helmet. Is it duff or is there some trick to it?

Thanks
Mark

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Hi
Bought my wife a bike and helmet today. Forgot the instruction manual. Can't turn on the rear LED light on the helmet. Is it duff or is there some trick to it?

Thanks
Mark

According to this you press it.

OP
OP
Custom24

Custom24

Über Member
Thanks, I did find that. Nothing happens when I press it, both in that there is no flashing, and it doesn't feel like anything clicks either. I think it is duff, so I'll bring it back. Paid over the odds for it anyway.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Thanks, I did find that. Nothing happens when I press it, both in that there is no flashing, and it doesn't feel like anything clicks either. I think it is duff, so I'll bring it back. Paid over the odds for it anyway.
Did you open the battery compartment? Sometimes batteries are protected by a plastic strip that needs removed.

musa

Über Member
You just need to press it quite firm

Tbh return the helmet the light is useless unkess your wife will ride in a very upright position so it can be seen

OP
OP
Custom24

Custom24

Über Member
You just need to press it quite firm

Tbh return the helmet the light is useless unkess your wife will ride in a very upright position so it can be seen
You are a star! I thought "if I press it any harder, I will break it", but then it started flashing
Yes, she will be riding in an upright position because I've bought her a comfortable bike. But she probably won't be doing it in darkness anway.

musa

Über Member
You are a star! I thought "if I press it any harder, I will break it", but then it started flashing
Yes, she will be riding in an upright position because I've bought her a comfortable bike. But she probably won't be doing it in darkness anway.
Nice one! :thumbsup:

Question is...

If it requires lots of pressure, is that something you want to faff around with wearing gloves on a cold dark wet windy night?

OP
OP
Custom24

Custom24

Über Member
Question is...

If it requires lots of pressure, is that something you want to faff around with wearing gloves on a cold dark wet windy night?
You are right - on the one I have here, at least, the pressure you need to exert is so high that it's a bit sore. Not a great design.

Top Bottom