Raleigh Mixte

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I was given this last week by a neighbour, she's a 102 and for some reason doesn't ride any more.

IMG_4849.JPG

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, haven't had time to fettle it yet.

Drago

Legendary Member
1980's?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Well done, doesn't look too bad from what I can make out. Let us know how you get on with it.
Cotter pins & a kickstand. Like it already.
I put one of those kickstands on a steel framed childs bike and it distorted the bottom chainstays so much the crank caught it so beware of over tightening!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Right then, I have taken ten minutes off my stair painting exercise to have a little look at this.

Its a Raleigh Misty, not particularly rare there are loads of photos on t'net and even elsewhere on cycle chat. The tyres are perished to buggery but they pumped up and kept the air. Here are some photos, I'm looking forward to tidying this up.

IMG_4870.JPG

It's a bit grubby.

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

A job for GT85 me thinks.

IMG_4873.JPG

A bit of spit and a wipe with the finger cleared that bit up.

IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

Chain is slack.

IMG_4876.JPG

Really slack.

IMG_4877.JPG

Brooks saddle

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

multi tool included.

I reckon it's been at in the garage for 20 years.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Good luck with this one!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've been having a little fettle with the mixte, not too much because I'm not sure if I want to get that into it, but I pumped up the tyres to see if they would keep air, the rear did and the front did enough for me to ride it down the street and back, the gears work, the brakes work, the pedals turn etc. It defo needs a new back wheel and defo needs new tubes and tyres

Most of the rust is coming off with some GT85 and fine wire wool, I measured the chain and although it's rusty it hasn't stretched much, it could be salvageable. I removed the rear rack, that my be too far gone, but we shall see.

I'm puzzled by the size, it does feel to small for me though the measurement from the BB to the top of the seat tube is 56 the same as my modern carbon road bike, maybe the top tube is too short, I don't understand these things. Perhaps someone could explain that?

Some more photos.

IMG_4891[1].JPG
IMG_4892[1].JPG
IMG_4893[1].JPG
IMG_4895[1].JPG

Top Bottom