Raleigh persuit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

You can find similar in most recycling centres - usually in the metal skip. If you're looking for a classic - that isn't. If you are looking for a bike which may appreciate in value - that won't. If it's functional, it might be useful as a commuter or a pub hack, but not worth anything more than about £20-30 IMO.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
You can find similar in most recycling centres - usually in the metal skip. If you're looking for a classic - that isn't. If you are looking for a bike which may appreciate in value - that won't. If it's functional, it might be useful as a commuter or a pub hack, but not worth anything more than about £20-30 IMO.
Ok thanks very much....l've got a lot to learn.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
That's pretty much it. Low end Raleigh model from the late eighties/nineties. Not a bad bike just not a very exceptional one.
Its a bit of a minefield trying to find a recognisable (to me) bike at a fair price....l think l will trawl the local odds and ends markets here in the summer and set myself a strict price limit !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Its a bit of a minefield trying to find a recognisable (to me) bike at a fair price....l think l will trawl the local odds and ends markets here in the summer and set myself a strict price limit !
That may well work better. At least then you can check the bikes over easily. Otherwise, for big brands like Raleigh, there are old catalogues on websites and so on which you can check to see if it's worth €150 or if it's someone asking a high price for a low-end bike on an auction site in the hope someone gambles on it.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
That may well work better. At least then you can check the bikes over easily. Otherwise, for big brands like Raleigh, there are old catalogues on websites and so on which you can check to see if it's worth €150 or if it's someone asking a high price for a low-end bike on an auction site in the hope someone gambles on it.
Thats a good bit of info. l cans force many hours of happy catalogue browsing.

GuyBoden

Guru
Otherwise, for big brands like Raleigh, there are old catalogues on websites
Thats a good bit of info. l cans force many hours of happy catalogue browsing.

Good catalogues here:
http://veterancycleclublibrary.org.uk/library/index.php?action=asearch&searchtext=R&tpage=2&items=96

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom