Raleigh pioneer 160 hybrid bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alischo

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows if a women's Raleigh pioneer 160 hybrid would be particularly heavy?
This is the one I'm looking at and it seems to be a good price - https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/ladies-hybrid-town-bike/1380886599
However on my daily commute I would have to lift it up a few stairs so wondering if it would be suitable or if anyone has any advice about the bike in general as I'm not an expert at all! Obviously being a hybrid bike with panniers it's not going to be the lightest but I don't want to accidentally buy a really heavy bike and regret it haha

Thanks in advance!

vickster

Legendary Member
It’ll be at least 14-15kg which is enough, abd that’s before luggage (although you can slip the panniers off). A bike without suspension will be lighter.
however if you like it, go give it a test ride and lift it up and carry a little way to assess the weight.
looks good, a classic and a bargain :smile:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Raleigh Pioneers are generally decent enough bikes, but they are not especially light and you definitely don't want one with suspension forks if weight is any consideration. In fact suspension is pretty pointless anyway and is best regarded as a marketing gimmick and avoided. The older Nottingham-built ones with rigid steel frames are better bikes, but they will all weigh in at around 33 lbs if they've got mudguards and racks fitted.

Top Bottom