Raleigh Pioneer Trail 21

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been missing having a basic Raleigh lying about just to pick up and use. So yesterday I bid on a bike I'd seen locally on eBay - picking it up this afternoon. The seller was a few miles away and so I now have a Raleigh Pioneer Trail 21 speed.

s-l1600.jpg

It all works and has a working rear light, new front tyre and bike computer. Cantilever brakes with new pads is another bonus. Otherwise it's fine. That is, apart from the smallest triple crankset I've seen - the big ring's only a 39 :eek:

Plans? Clean, lubricate, adjust. Then think about fitting a larger crankset.

Otherwise it'll be used for popping out and also as an ice bike when the weather turns nasty.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
very nice

Brand X

That does look quite nice. The first thing I would do is to give it a good clean and polish, and the second thing I would do is get a decent pair of pedals for it, it looks like those are cheap plastic ones and not in good condition. It'll look a lot tidier with those replaced.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
That does look quite nice. The first thing I would do is to give it a good clean and polish, and the second thing I would do is get a decent pair of pedals for it, it looks like those are cheap plastic ones and not in good condition. It'll look a lot tidier with those replaced.

Clean - yes. Part-done already.
Pedals - agreed. It'll get my Shimano SPD-530's.

Top Bottom