Raleigh Pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
ral3.JPG Frame No..JPG

Just picked this up, it is a February 1978. Any of you Raleigh experts know what it is?
Closest I can find is this 1976 Team Pro. Was it available as a frameset only from Worksop or was it just the SBU frames you could buy as frameset only? I ask due to the cost of Campagnolo SR and my love affair with Dura Ace.

76-Catalog listing_Page_03.jpg 76-Catalog listing_Page_11.jpg

Attachments

• Ral1.JPG
    Ral1.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 81

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Team bike, worth a few bob.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very nice. :becool:

I may be wrong but I think the SBDU was set up later just before Raleigh closed the Worksop factory but with a 78 date and a W prefix it is a Worksop frame.
Love the drainholes in the BB shell and the brazed on cable guides on top of it.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just curious, is it from LFGSS?

Shaun
strange as that was just what i was going to ask

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Shaun
Thanks for digging out that advert. That will save me a fortune as I have a DA groupset and wheels that can go straight on. Will be that bit different to all the SR versions out there too and still be correct.

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
!
Shawn
Thanks for digging out that advert. That will save me a fortune as I have a DA groupset and wheels that can go straight on. Will be that bit different to all the SR versions out there too and still be correct.

Hi, I was seriously thinking about that frame but its just a bit small for me.

There is nothing wrong with DA stuff for a 70's frame. As most people might have realised I'm a fan of the early Dura Ace and lots of the pro's used it too.

Works like a dream as well :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
I am a fan too. The below went on my Viscount but I have another Black group that could go on the Raleigh or have another in silver that I had earmarked for a late Pat Hanlon build. Thinking about it I have yet another group from a Gitane I got from France that is awaiting chrome and paint that I could borrow.

2015-05-10%2019.01.43_zpstawztsl6.jpg

2015-05-10%2019.22.25_zpspccnnecy.jpg 2015-05-10%2018.05.48_zps6ks1bbzx.jpg

2015-05-10%2018.03.00_zpsbitzpk0f.jpg

2015-05-10%2018.08.17_zpseqpdb6zr.jpg

Top Bottom